-A new friend-

The monster slowly opened his eyes to see who had caught him; another monster.

He was dark blue, with short fur covering his entire body, and softer fur around his neck and chest. He had 'wings' like a bat, and light blue eyes...

The blue monster looked down at him with a smile across his face, "Hey, are you okay? You're not hurt, are you?" He asked.

"I-I'm... O-Okay..." The monster stuttered out, as he was internally trying to figure out why his entire face felt very.... Warm... And why his heart was beating so quickly. "Can... Y-You put me d-down... Please?" He quietly asked.

"Oh, of course! Sorry if I scared you or anything little guy..." The blue monster said as he gladly put the scorpion-like monster down on the ground. The monster decided to ask him a question that was on his mind. "...Who... Are you...?" He awkwardly asked, as he looked down at the ground to avoid eye contact.

"Oh, I'm Solomon!" The blue monster cheerfully answered. "What's your name?" He asked.

The monster thought for a few seconds, trying to figure out how to answer the question....

Until he unknowingly stuttered out an answer.

"R-Red. My name... Is Red..." He mumbled, thinking that Solomon didn't hear him...

"Well, it's nice to meet you, Red!" Solomon exclaimed. Red couldn't understand how and why Solomon was so.... friendly. For better terms....

He was used to being afraid, and being hurt all the time. He was too used to everyone not liking him.

But Solomon seemed to like him for some reason that Red couldn't understand...

"I guess you better head home now, Red... Your family might be kinda worried about you." Solomon noted as Red looked at him in confusion. Red didn't know what Solomon was talking about. He didn't know about anything other then what he 'learned' in the Lab down in Hell...

"....'Home'....? ...'Family'...? I... Don't.... Have one....?" Red quietly said as he went back to looking at the ground in embarrassment.

"What do you mean you don't have a family or a home?" Solomon asked, looking at Red worriedly.

"I just don't have a... 'Family'... Or a 'Home'... At all..." Red quietly answered as he started scurry away- before Solomon grabbed him, and picked him up, placing one hand on Red's back and the other at the start of his tail.

Solomon began to run somewhere, cradling Red in his arms.

"W-What are you doing?" Red asked in a panic as his face became warm, and his heart started racing again.

"I'm taking you to my home for dinner, to get you something to eat! You can stay the night at my home for a bit, and we'll be great friends!" Solomon joyfully explained as he started to run faster, and Red had started to enjoy this feeling of warmth.

"Oh.... O-Okay then.... As long as I'm not alone or hurt... I'm okay..." Red Quietly responded, while on the inside, he was confused as to what Solomon was talking about again... But now, he didn't really care anymore. He just sort of.... Gave up on trying to understand this new 'Friend'...

"Don't worry, I'll make sure you're not alone or sad, that's what friends do! And I'll protect you from anyone who tries to attack you, or hurt you at all! I promise, I'll be your protector and your friend Red! This is gonna be great!" Solomon continued with his explanation.

Red started to tune him out, as he was too busy enjoying this warmth and happiness he felt inside of him.

Finally...

He wouldn't be alone ever again...

He wouldn't be harmed by anyone ever again...

All because of Solomon...

*****

The two of them began to laugh out of joy as Solomon began to hold Red closer to him, and started running even faster, as they were halfway there to Solomon's home...

For the first time in all of Red's existence, he actually felt happy for once...