JOB INTERVIEW

There was no use in arguing when Taehyung had already accepted to do a first job interview. Jungkook wasn't ecstatic about it but after everything that happened, especially the tent, he realized that Taehyung was absolutely too stubborn for his own good and wouldn't accept living with the Jeons without helping.

"At least let me come with you", Jungkook whined after the omega had explained the situation to him.

"No, I can't always depend on you when times get tough", Taehyung shook his head as he tucked his lunch box away, "Besides, they told me they only accept omegas to work in their café because it sets a peaceful atmosphere. So I can't exactly barge into their place with an alpha by my side".

Jungkook kept grumbling and pouting until the end of school. Taehyung rolled his eyes and pushed the other away, "Go to the library and study something before I'll kick your butt". Though the older boy chuckled at that, the look on Taehyung's face was enough to scare him into the library.

Taehyung started his walk towards the town's center where the café was situated at. He had never visited the place before but from the outside it seemed quite chic. A little bell dinged as he opened the door, and a man standing behind the counter looked up.

"Hello", the omega smiled as he closed the door behind him. The café was empty besides the two of them and so he guessed that the person behind the counter was the one he was looking for.

"Hello to you too", the red haired man smiled as he motioned for the other to step closer, "You're Kim Taehyung if I'm correct?"

Taehyung nodded and was now close enough to read the male's name tag. It spelled the name of the person he had been talking to on the phone. "That's me", he smiled, "And you are Park Jimin?"

"Indeed". The man stepped back from behind the counter and walked them to a booth so they could sit down. He carried a document in his hands which was probably the contract. Taehyung sat down and watched the other slide into the booth in front of him. A flowery scent of perfume hung around him but the underlying scent was that of an alpha. He didn't exactly look like one though.

The two males talked about the job and important details Taehyung should be aware of. After a while Jimin stretched and smiled, "I guess tomorrow will be your first day then".

"I'm hired?", Taehyung's voice cracked at the shock and he blushed at the embarrassment.

"You were hired ever since that phone call to be honest", Jimin grinned and slid the contract towards the omega, "Sign here and you'll have the job".

"Thank you so much!", he beamed and quickly scribbled his name underneath the document, "I really needed this job".

"Yes, I heard about what happened", Jimin spoke as he took the contract back, "News travels fast but gossip travels even faster". Taehyung's face fell at that and the alpha noticed this. "It's not necessarily bad though, many people in town side with you".

"That's one positive thing I suppose", Taehyung murmured. His mood had visibly dropped.

"Should I show you the tricks of coffee making now? If you have time of course", the red head asked. The omega knew he was trying to distract him from what he had said and nodded, "Sure, my mate is probably still studying in the library so I have time".

Jimin showed him the ropes of the coffee machine and how to make the different kind of orders. Now, Taehyung was watching how Jimin made him a hot chocolate since he wasn't a fan of coffee.

"Everyone knew I was gay", Jimin began talking as he put a steaming cup of hot chocolate onto the counter, "My parents knew before I did". He motioned Taehyung to drink it so it wouldn't go to waste.

"Were they okay with it?", the omega asked as he cautiously sipped on the hot drink, burning his tongue in the process. He was confused by the sudden conversation they were having but he didn't mention it.

"They weren't exactly thrilled but they were fine with it", Jimin smiled but his eyes darkened, "That was until my fated mate showed up".

Taehyung set the mug down, his tongue now stinging from the burn, "What was wrong with him?".

"It was a she".

"Oh", Taehyung realized the problem, "So what happened?"

"We got along quite well but it was obvious I could never have feelings for her", the alpha sighed as he took a seat behind the counter, "We first made a pact not to reject each other and just live forever as friends. But then she found the love of her life".

"He probably wasn't too happy with her true mate being friends with her".

Jimin grimaced, "No, we both rejected each other and it was painful, sure, but it was the best thing to do".

"But?", Taehyung asked, knowing this wasn't the end of the story.

"My parents weren't happy with it. They threw me out and I moved from Busan to here because one of my friends, Hoseok, runs a bike shop here. He told me this was a little town where everything was quiet and peaceful".

Taehyung's jaw slacked and it now dawned upon him that Jimin had went through the same thing as him. "You're-"

"The same as you, yes", Jimin nodded, "Well, kind of. No one ever battled my fated mate".

"Is that why you hired me?", Taehyung asked. He was shocked to find someone else going through the same thing as he went through.

"Maybe, and also because I really needed another staff member ever since my last worker quit. Seokjin, he's called, wanted to start his own ramen shop down the street and so he had to quit this job".

"Oh I went there with my sister once", Taehyung spoke as he thought about it, "It's really good".

"He always had a talent for cooking", Jimin sighed as he twirled a spoon around, "It's a good thing he went for his passion". The omega nodded and thought of something.

"Why did you want an omega specifically?"

Jimin looked up and placed the little spoon down. "Because other alpha's always try to get into control. I'm not a dominant nor intimidating alpha, as you have probably already realized, and so I only hire omegas. Betas are fine too but males ones too try to undermine my control".

Taehyung nodded, understanding how dominance between alpha's had always been an ongoing problem, even during work. His eyes slid towards the clock ticking on the wall and he pushed himself off the stool he was sitting on.

"I should take my leave now or my mate will worry", he excused himself, "I'll see you tomorrow?"

Jimin nodded, a smile on his face, "Your first day of work, how exciting! See you tomorrow".

He waved the alpha goodbye and exited the café, skipping back home.

I'm already halfway into the following chapter aye