Chapter 92

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

It was a long walk down the hallway but I had barely noticed. Ever since I got Natalie's call, my head was spinning and my thoughts were all over the place. I had gone to Christian's house but I was late, he had already left. Anyway, Natalie was kind enough to fill me in on everything she knew, everything she had heard from his conversation with Susan and his phone call with the doctor. I didn't even get the chance to do and say all I wanted to Kora.

"Can we finish this conversation after school?"

That was the last thing I said to her before I took to my heels. I didn't even remember the bracelet until I was on my way to the hospital. Christian wasn't there either, he had left. His guards were though and they were getting ready to move Dad from the ICU. They weren't listening to me, neither were the doctors. Nothing I said perturbed them and all my attempts to stop them were fruitless.

Now I was at the one place I had sworn never to step foot in, the one place I had turned away from and avoided since the day I knew about my identity because I was scared that my older brother was going to see me worse than he already did, as a threat, the threat he was right about. I was at my father's company, I was at Benoil and I was finding my way to his office.

I stormed inside despite the attempt of his secretary to stop me. I couldn't care less.

My hands folded in a tight fist as my heart got heavier and my frown got deeper. I was upset, really upset and at that point, far from thinking straight.

Good, he wasn't alone. It looked like he was in the middle of a really small meeting seeing that I could count about three other people in the room besides him.

"We need to talk." I announced my entrance as I watched them stop what they were doing and turn to look at me. My eyes were focused on my brother's, I could care less what it was they were talking or thinking about, I watched Christian turn to me, his attention drifting to me, he was the last one. His eyes were glued to me and once he opened his mouth to speak. I knew exactly what he was about to say.

"Now." I pushed forward before he even thought of saying anything else. I knew about the harsh tone in my really demanding voice but I couldn't help myself. Christian had crossed the line, he needed to be stopped, he had to be stopped and if he wasn't going to ask everyone to leave, I was just going to go ahead and talk some sense into him in public.

The way Christian looked at me, he could tell that I was bringing all the smoke and I only gave him a second to decide how much he was willing to share. Did he really want me to tell all those people about the terrible thing he was about to do? About what he had done?

He cleared his throat and turned to his visitors.

"We would postpone this meeting till later." He told them. I exhaled and then shut my eyes for a second, I didn't have to watch them leave. I gave them exactly there seconds and then I started to march to the biggest table in the room. Christian was sitting behind that table, turning his eyes to the file in front of him so he could pretend I wasn't right there.