Earth Mode ON: SEVEN

When life gives you lemons, it becomes too sour, but when you add sugar to your lemonade, the bitterness fades away gradually and you start enjoying your drink

When life gives you lemons, it becomes too sour, but when you add sugar to your lemonade, the bitterness fades away gradually and you start enjoying your drink. That was what I believed life to be at that moment.

The pain we felt was intolerable. The hunger, the thirst, the loneliness we both felt even though we had each other. We each had people to think about, to worry about. We each had our own problems, but we never opened up about them to each other. He was an idol, and I was an ordinary person. Our problems and lives didn't crash, even though in such a situation, we were both just the same in front of nature's powers. Despite all that, though, we still found peace and hope in talking to each other.

The sun was already up by the time I felt a bit better. Not only did the tsunami water destroy our surroundings, but also my insides. I was still capable of feeling the dirty water whirl around inside my body and that was why every now and then I would feel nauseous, but always tried to distract myself from that disgusting feeling. Not only that, but Jimin's weight alongside mine was tiring my legs out and the problem was that I couldn't use both legs completely because one of them was completely injured. I was starving and somewhat thirsty, but despite all that, we just walked non stop. Of course, we felt so much pain as we limped our way alongside the large body of water, so we tried to talk about random subjects to distract our minds from our injuries.

"So, Seo Yeon, how did you become an ARMY?" Jimin asked me with a gentle smile.

I let out a silent laugh and then sighed.

"I've been with you guys for about six years. I never heard of you when you first started, but one day, as I was walking home, I uh... I saw you on TV in an electronics store, and all it took for me to become an ARMY was to know your names," I said with a smile and he returned one to me too.

"I know you love us the same and all, but I heard of something called... umm... a bias? Did I say it correctly?" He asked me and so I nodded in response, trying not to talk too much or else I would've ended up saying something stupid or fangirled then regret all my life decisions.

"So who was yours?" He asked me, his voice trembling a bit due to our excessive limping.

My smile died down a bit, and I looked down.

"Taehyung," I responded and his smile died just as fast as mine did. His eyes softened and I felt his hand on my shoulder, patting it slightly in an attempt to comfort me.

"That's why you want to find him so bad?" He asked me.

I shook my head and then gave him a sad smile," If it was anyone else in the world, I would've wanted to save them just as bad."

The silence that overtook us after that was deadly, extremely deadly. I knew that there was nothing wrong with the response I gave him, but my brain couldn't help but wonder why he suddenly stopped talking.