Teams and Jaune's secret

Y/n p.o.v
I was finally able to walk once we got back to Beacon I could see Ozpin and Glynda looking at all the students who made it back. Some students were lying on the ground tired while some other students were talking to each other. Ozpin looked at his watch and told everyone to walk back into Beacon to get their teams. And as he said that everyone began to walk in and we followed each of us tired physically from fighting the Grimm and the long way back to Beacon.

Timeskip

Ruby p.o.v
I watched as Ozpin called out four students and announced their team name. The team of students he recently called he gave them the name Team Cardinal who was being led by Cardin Winchester. The next four people he called were Jaune Arc, Nora Valkyrie, Pyrrha Nikos, and Lie Ren. They made up the team named Team Juniper. And as they all walked down the stage I feel my palms start to sweat as I had the sudden feeling he was going to call me. I prayed to Oum asking him for some good teammates and swallow my fear as Ozpin called my name. I stood on the stage feeling the many eyes of the students staring at me I stared at the floor to try and not look back into their eyes. But as Ozpin called out the names Blake Belladonna, Weiss Schnee, and Yang Xiao Long I looked back up and looked at my teammates and smiled. As we were waiting for Ozpin to say who our leader was and what was our team name he looked at his scroll in confusion.

Ozpin: well that's odd.

Ruby: what's odd.

Ozpin:seems like their is an extra student that passed the initiation.

Yang:really who is it.

Ozpin:it's y/n Fall.

He turned toward the crowd and called out y/n's name and as he did y/n walked onto the stage. Ozpin looked at him and said.

Ozpin:hello mr. Fall it seems that there are a lot of students here this year. And it results to a team having an uneven amount of students.

Y/n:okay what's the problem than.

Ozpin:this is first for Beacon actually and we have decided to let you be a substitute teammate for any team in beacon. But you still need to have a team to look out for you and be responsible for you and I have decided that team to be Team RWBY led by Ruby Rose.

Yang smiled and hugged me after learning I was the leader while Weiss just looked at me surprised. Blake was talking to y/n about some kind of tea but I could barely hear them as Yang hugged me tightly.

Ozpin p.o.v
As the newly formed teams left the place and toward their new dorms I looked at Glynda and told her about the uneven number of students which was odd. This was the first time to happen ever in Beacon history I'm sure Glynda counted the students and made sure that it was an even number. That is unless Beacon has been infiltrated by someone but it could also be an accident made by Glynda I mean she is human but just to be safe I better tell ironwood about it. I walked back to my office with Glynda following me getting ready to tell General Ironwood about it.

Third person p.o.v
Ozpin and Glynda walked out of the room toward his office noticing that almost all the students have left. But they failed to notice a certain blonde haired boy looking at them as he heard their conversation. His face was filled with fear but it soon disappeared as his partner called his name. After calming himself he walked with his new team toward their dorm with his thoughts uncertain about his future in Beacon.

Y/n p.o.v
I followed Ruby and her team toward their dorm because my dorm was apparently next to their's. They all said goodnight to me heading into their dorm but before Blake could go in I asked her for the tea packets I needed and she told me to wait outside for her. I nodded and began to wait I crossed my arms and leaned against the wall but my attention was pulled toward Jaune who came out of the dorm right next to me. I waved at him and he waved at me and I asked what he was doing out of his dorm he sighed and said.

Jaune:I just needed to clear my head.

Y/n:of what exactly.

Jaune:y/n were friends right.

Y/n:of course we are that is if you want to be my friend.

Jaune:I do want to be your friend y/n and that's why I'm trusting you to keep what I say to you right now as a secret okay.

Y/n:got it so what did you want to tell me.

Jaune:I cheated my way into Beacon and there is a chance Ozpin may find out it was me.

Jaune p.o.v
I closed my eyes and turned my head afraid of how y/n would react but I opened my eyes as he said.

Y/n:why did you cheat your way into Beacon.

He stared at me with a neutral face he wasn't mad or anything his face just seemed calm and understanding. I sighed and began to answer his question.

Jaune:I cheated into Beacon because I have to prove my family wrong.

Y/n:wrong about what exactly.

Jaune:y/n do you know what my family is known for what the Arc family is known for.

Y/n:yes they are known for being warriors with giant amounts of aura and their semblance being aura amplification.

Jaune:yeah we are known by those things and any child born with the semblance would be trained to be warriors. But unluckily I wasn't born with that semblance and they refused to train me. I don't even think I was born with a semblance y/n. But even without a semblance I want to prove my family wrong, I want them to know that I can still be a hunter without a semblance and without anyone's help especially their help.

Y/n:I see, after hearing all that Jaune I've decided to keep this a secret from Ozpin. But Jaune you have a long way to go if you want to reach our level. And you're going to need help reaching that level Jaune. So Jaune I want you to promise me that you'll tell Pyrrha and ask her to train you.

Jaune:what why can't you help me train y/n.

Y/n:I can't because you need to learn how to rely on your team Jaune. They will always have your back during these four years. Although I'm a substitute teammate for any team my main team is Ruby's team. Meaning Ren, Nora, and Pyrrha will be with you longer than I will be with you do you understand Jaune.

Jaune:Yes I understand y/n I'll try and tell Pyrrha and ask her to train me but it's going to take awhile. Since I've only interacted with her during the initiation.

I smiled and thanked him for talking with me and went back into my dorm seeing Ren ironing our uniforms for tomorrow. Nora was playing with her scroll on her bed with her headphones on. While Pyrrha sat on her bed doing the same as Nora but stopped and waved at me as I walked into the room. I walked toward Ren and thanked him for doing this for us and he just smiled and nodded. I went to my bed and took out my scroll setting my alarm clock.

Y/n p.o.v
As Jaune left Blake opened her door and apologized for taking so long I accepted her apology and took the tea packets from her. And walked into my dorm and when I did it actually had a lot of space. But it was probably because of there only being one bed in the room. The bed was on my left toward the top corner of the room. There was a desk next to the wall under my bed and a window in the middle of the room on the wall right in front of me. While the entire left side of the room was pretty much empty except for the drawers on the top corner. I walked toward the left side and dropped my bag on the floor next to the drawer and began to unpack first my clothes and then anything else I had. After I was done I took a shower and once I was done I changed into my pajamas made the tea Blake gave me and drank it getting ready to sleep.