Tam Rant #3? (LEGACY SPOILERS)

Idk how many of these I've made but it's a lot XD. Anyway guys, first off, THANK YOU GUYS FOR 11K READS LIKE WHAT THE HECK, YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING I FREAKING LOVE YOU 

Okay, on with the show

So, first off, in case you didn't see the title, there will be Legacy spoilers in this, so....BEWARE

Okay, now on with the show. 

SOMETHING'S WRONG WITH TAM!!!!

Now, I don't say this lightly. Me and my best friend were talking about kotlc for like, three hours last night, and I looked back at the ending of Legacy and found a short conversation Linh and Sophie had about Tam and Glimmer. Here's the gist of it:

Linh: I don't trust her! It's been two days and she won't even take off her hood! And Tam's trying to convince me to invite her to come live with us. 

Sophie: But you won't let her, right?

Linh: I told him if she does, I'll make a raincloud follow her everywhere. It's not the best threat, but I don't know how angry to make Tam. He's...hard to read right now. 

Sophie: He's been through a lot. How's he doing? Honestly?

Linh: He's...different

If this conversation doesn't strike fear into your heart, THEN I ENVY YOU

Okay, two things stood out to me at first glance:

1. Tam Song, the person who nearly attacked Sophie and co. from across the river the first time he met them because they got too close, the person who demanded shadow readings of everyone and wouldn't trust you until you agreed, the person who is known to be extremely protective of his sister and the people he loves is inviting a former Neverseen member who refuses to share her name, her face, or any information whatsoever to come live with him and his sister, the person who he has sworn to protect with his life. 

WHAT IS HE DOING???

So this morning, I looked back and reread the final battle where Keefe gets transformed and whatnot, and Tam says he knows her backstory and why she joined the Neverseen, which eased my worry a little because obviously he trusts her. He also says that she reminds him a bit of Linh, so that could be another reason. And I'm glad, but...this still seems weird.

Maybe you could argue that he's more open to trusting people since meeting Sophie and co., and maybe that's true, but...idk, it feels weird. 

2. "I don't know how angry to make Tam. He's...hard to read right now."

Linh knows Tam better than anyone else in the world. Maybe she said that cuz he's been through some pretty traumatic stuff (being bound and controlled against his will, forced to push his sister away and make her believe he's done the one thing he swore never to do, manipulated and forced and controlled into using the power he never wanted to learn to hurt one of his friends and fulfill they had been trying to prevent for the longest time). Linh doesn't want to trigger something, and that's understandable. But this is something different. 

Linh has most definitely seen Tam angry and hurt before. She probably knows how to help, or at least deal with it. But it seems like Tam is unstable, and she doesn't quite know how he'll react, which in all honesty, is kinda scary. Of course she knows that he would never hurt her on purpose, but I think having the kind of crazy power he does and having gone through the emotional trauma he has, I don't think he's...as in control as he used to be? 

Guys I'm so scared I don't know what to do XD DX

And Linh said he's different! But luckily, I think I can explain that one. 

Tam and Linh have been together their entire life, experiencing pretty much the same things together. But Tam and Linh's relationship got a bit rocky in Legacy, with Tam trying to push her away for both his safety and hers, and Linh trying her best to hold on to the person she loves most in the world. Now, he's been through so much, but he's been through it without her. She can't really understand what all that felt like, and so I think she feels a little bit distant from him. 

It's possible one of the reasons she doesn't trust Glimmer is because she's jealous of her. Tam goes away and comes back with someone he's bonded with because she knows what he went through, to some degree. Linh probably feels like she'll no longer be able to help him or support him the way she used to, and that he will no longer want her to. And she's worried that pushing him in any way might shove him over the edge and make that happen. 

GUYS IF WE DON'T SEE TAM AND LINH IN 8.5 I'M GOING TO BE SO UPSET

-------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this one is shorter than my others, but that's probably cuz we have like, NO INFORMATION WHATSOEVER!!!! But seriously, I think Tam and Linh need to be in 8.5, it's only fair after everything Shannon put him through....

Also, we need new twins art please and thank you