One

Nothing could be heard throughout the house as everyone slept peacefully during the morning hours. All was quiet until an alarm clock started to blare and ring for what felt like an eternity. Sean had avoided turning it off and muted the sound by taking the pillow he was lying on and covering his ears. He would have stayed like that until the alarm turned off, if it wasn't for his best friend sleeping beside him. 

Her body was laid loosely under the covers, hair sprawled in every direction, and hands placed tightly around Sean's torso. To say Sean was surprised by their position would be unrealistic.  Sean and Kaycee -best friends-dance partners, soulmates - as some would even say, had known each other for 12 years now. 

Their friendship started when they were 6 years old, having to befriend each other due their mothers knowing each other back in college.However at the time, neither Sean nor Kaycee liked each other. That was mainly because Sean thought girls had cooties. Needless to say this relationship kept going like thtill they were 9 and 10. Things started to change at this time because of a  silly accident.

*Flashback*

' Kaycee can you quit moving, I'm trying to do something verrry important ', Sean said as he blew out a heavy breath. 

Kaycee grunted, ' it's not my fault you chose to do that verrry important thing right now', she then quickly stuck out her tongue as she continued to cartwheel and walk around the room.

At this point Sean was annoyed but he chose to ignore her and continued to do his work. That was until he heard a Bang. As he peered over his shoulders, he caught his eyes to Kaycee who was sitting on the floor, cross legged with a horrified expression as she held a black item in her hand.

Curious to what had happened, 10 year old Sean got up from his seat to Kaycee, ready to mock her. But his expression quickly changed when he saw what was placed admist Kaycee's hand. It was his camera- his black, Nikon, new camera- that he had got as a Christmas present. Sean balled up his fists as he yanked the camera out of Kaycee's hands and gave it a good inspection. 

His eyes started to well up with tears when he realized that the lens was shattered and the buttons had fell off. Growing angrier by the minute, Sean yelled at Kaycee, explaining to her how important this camera was to him. Kaycee could only nod along meekly as she watched tears trickling down his cheek.

Without another word, Sean yelled for his mum. Who instantly came barging into his room along with kaycee's mum. Confused at the sight both parent were quick to question what had happened. As Sean explained the situation-making sure to emphasize the part when Kaycee had knocked over the camera- both moms had a weary look on their face. As soon as Sean finished, Sean started to yell at Kaycee, infuriated at her for breaking his camera. 

Tears started to escape her eyes as she covered her face and ran to her mum. Miya - Sean's mum- gave Sean one look before scolding him for doing such a thing.

' she broke my camera, it's her fault, she deserves it', Sean had tried to argue, but Miya was having none of it. She went on and on about how Sean should never treat anyone, let alone a girl like that. She gave her son one last look, before she exited his room disapprovingly. Laura- Kaycees mum- gave Kaycee one last hug before she whispered into her ear ' Apologise and no fighting, got it' . As soon as Kaycees mum left, there was silence however unlike before this silence was rather uncomfortable.

Kaycee looked up at Sean from the ground, to see that he was sitting on his bed, knees propped up, and hands shielding his face. Without a second thought, Kaycee approached the boy, making sure to tip toe over. She sat beside him and fidgeted with her hands until she decided to break this so called uncomfortable silence.