Meeting the "Heroine"

The day of the party arrived sooner than Morgianna would have liked. She had not been able to go on any missions in almost two weeks as her mother grilled social etiquette at every chance she could. She would almost bet that she could breathe fancily with all of her mother's lessons.

It was decided that she would be allowed to take one guard with her and since Myra was the only female personal guard she had she was the logical choice. However, Fafnir was not pleased, stating that as he had been with her the longest he was the best choice.

"Fafnir, I know you are always looking out for my best interest but this is an all-female party, and you my friend are a man. Myra will be there with me, she will not let anything happen." Morgianna gave him one of her smiles as she batted her eyes but this only earned her a frown.

Fafnir stalked closer until he was standing only a foot away. "I know she is part of our team but there is a small part of me that does not want to trust her. If she is negligent for even a moment you could be the one to pay the price. There is no guarantee and I do not like it."

Morgianna knew how he felt, but regardless that would not change the situation. "Fafnir, you do not have to like it. Myra will be the one to join me, but I will contact you if I absolutely need help. You can wait down the road if it will make you feel better, just please for the love of everything that is holy please do not bust in there as a flaming dragon just because some little girls can be hateful." She tried to give him a smile, but she knew she was not fooling anyone. She did not want to go and pretend to be nice, she liked hanging out with Fafnir, Alnwick, and even Myra because she did not have to pretend to be anyone that she wasn't.

To her family she was a smart 10-year-old girl with above average magic who was slightly lazy when it came to her lessons. With her team she was still a young girl, but she could show her power, she could talk without filters and say what she really wanted instead of playing a game with her words in fear of offending someone's fragile ego.

All Fafnir could do was sigh and nod his agreement, he knew she was not weak, but that was his little sister even if they were not blood. "You better call me as soon as you need me, do not try to do everything by yourself. I will stand down since at least you are able to have an extra set of eyes with you, but I will keep saying it, I do not like this."

Morgianna gave him a real smile this time and finished packing the cookies she had made. She did not know what would happen at this gathering, but she knew better than to believe everything that was originally supposed to happen in the story. After all she was a lot different than how she was supposed to be. The gods and goddesses that had sent her here told her the heroine will be the bad guy and that already spelled trouble.

Olive was the original villainess best friend. She had been adopted as a baby, but as she was a succubi she was made fun of and her own adopted mother accused her of trying to seduce the male servants. Of course that was all false, but it still made the girl grow up with hatred in her heart. She did not know where the girl's heart currently lied but if she could change her future, she had to give it a shot.

The carriage had been prepared earlier by her mother, probably in fear that Morgianna would try to escape from going. Myra was already waiting at the door wearing her guard uniform and a frown. "If all you do is frown then you will never get a boyfriend." Morgianna loved teasing Myra, and over the past 2 years the other woman had learned to just roll with it even sometimes teasing back.

"Hmm that may be the case, but fortunately I do not have a face like yours, or else I would only have boyfriends I do not want." Myra took a low jab knowing that Morgianna was constantly having to push marriage proposals back.

Morgianna laughed climbing into the carriage. "Fine, I call a truce. Well at least until we are done with this battle." She gave a wink and settled in for the ride wishing she could just walk instead.