Epilogue

Nineteen Months Later

The recovery should have taken years, an eternal process that would go on for ages. 

We finished three months ago.

Reinforcements had been sent from rural areas and the South to help rebuild Gyabo. I had watched buildings be built from nothing, homes and stores quickly restored to its former glory.

Our wedding had taken place last month. My dress had been simple, a form-fitting, ivory dress that began halfway up my neck and flew down to my wrist. The train was enormous, flowing off my legs and back behind me for at least two metres, perhaps more. My hair was elegantly done, piled up and held securely by a small, elegant circlet. The wedding was small, having only close friends and family, along with the Royal Family of the South.

They had been quick to inform me of the changes that had been made since my departure.

My coronation had followed, the circlet being removed from my hair by an elder who had travelled from the east and replaced it with a heavy crown, adorned with rare, colourful jewels wrapped by a pile of elegantly shaped gold.

Maddox had been there too, wearing a black suit covered in shining medals with an equally as stunning crown resting on top of his head. There was no break in between the wedding and the coronation. Unlike our wedding had been, the coronation was a much more public affair, at least twelve Alpha's sat in the crowds, along with high ranked Epsilons from around the country.

I had sworn my allegiance to my country and every wolf that lived there. I had promised to protect them for as long as I lived.

I had not lied, not at any point.

I would keep my vows.

Maddox and I had chosen to put off taking our honeymoon until everything had been finalised.

That leads me to where I was now.

At the head of the table in the meeting room.

Maddox was standing next to me, a pen in his hand. Every Alpha of the north was sitting around the table, along with six elders here to witness the signing.

A legal document sat in front of us, the signatures of every Alpha in the room sat on small lined on the last page. It only required two more, mine and Maddox's.

Maddox bent down and his pen connected to the paper, an inky scrawl taking place on the paper. He handed the pen to me.

I leaned down, 

Elora Lancaster

I finished up the curve of the 'R' as the room erupted into polite applause. I turned over the pile of papers, leaving the front.

ABOLISHMENT OF HUMAN SLAVERY 

Twenty Nine pages, rewriting every law ever put in place against the humans, and the harshest-ever punishments in place should any laws be broken. Unfair pay, abuse, refusal of medical treatment and public disrespect are just a few of the things that are now illegal.

I was making the change.

I pushed the booklet forward,

"It's official," I announced, "Copies of these rules and regulations are to be distributed to each pack. It is your duty to have your pack members familiarized with these rules.

A chorus of agreement came from the members before they slowly began to filter out of the room.

"It's done," I breathed, "It's official. We've done it."

"You've done it," Maddox corrected. "You know, differences aside, we make a pretty great team."

I grabbed his hand with a smile, a tear in my eye, "I think, differences aside, we make an amazing team."