EIGHT

08 | HOME

08 | HOME

  THE flight lasted for just over five hours. And the boat ride that came after was just under three. Now, as Winter sat in the carriage, her eyes taking in the scenery of Arendelle, all her previous drowsiness from traveling was washed away.

The coachman had picked her up from the docks, and now she rode in the royal Arendellian carriage to her auntie's—Queen Anna's—castle.

Arendelle was not the biggest kingdom, but it still had a certain feeling about it that made people happy. The town itself looked as though it belonged on a postcard, it was beautiful. Cobblestone grounds, pretty houses, and the townsfolk who always seemed to adorn an everlasting smile.

She self-consciously played with her blonde hair, half of which was tied back with a pretty blue ribbon. She could already feel her happiness washing over her at the sight which she called home.

"It's the Winter Princess! Queen Elsa and Jack Frost's daughter!" A woman gasped as the royal carriage passed through the town.

The reindeer pulling the carriage trotted proudly, the coachman wearing a smile like the rest of the townspeople. In Arendelle, rather than horses, it was normally reindeer which were used to ride and pull things.

"Princess Winterfell is back from Auradon!" A little girl screamed, all the townsfolk beginning to wave to the carriage and follow after it.

Winter laughed, her more flamboyant personality breaking free, the shy mask that she wore at Auradon now locked away for the summer. Leaning forward, Winter pulled the window of the carriage open.

Excited shouts came from the crowd following after the royal carriage as Winter's gloved hand emerged from the window and waved. Her knees bounced in anticipation as the carriage went over the small bridge leading from the town to the castle.

The gates were wide open as they always were. Winter was aware that long before she was born, the gates to the castle remained closed because no one had not yet known about her mother's abilities.