Chapter 3

Emilia Ellis

There was a knock on the door, "Come in." I said, still focused on the papers in front of me.

"Ms.Ellis, dinner is ready." Zara said.

"Coming." I said and I noticed she didn't leave.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Master Daniel, said you must come down at once for dinner." She give me an uneasy smile. I know, how intimidated the staffs can get when it comes to Daniel. He knows how to have fun, but when it comes to businesses and taking care of me. He is very demanding and sometime go overboard and I feel bad for the staffs.

I closed the file and stood up and followed behind Zara. Zara is a new worker here, she started a couple of months back. I feel like she will get scare if someone says a joke in a loud voice. She is very nervous most of the time and very reserved. She is in her 20's, still in college though. I wonder how she manage schools and work over here, full time.

Daniel was on the dining table, he was pleased to see me.

"Good, I thought I had to drag you out from there." He said and looked at Zara. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Master." She said politely. "Anything else?"

"That will be it." He said with a small smile. See, Daniel can be nice if he wants to, which is most of the time.

"You should stop giving hard time to the staff." I said sitting down.

"When do I give them any hard time?" He give me an innocent smile.

"Of course, you don't." I said sarcastically.

"Oh, Em." He smiled. "Ain't you too playful these days?"

"Sure." I smiled. "Whatever makes you happy."

He grinned.

"You should look for someone." I said to him. "Get to know someone? Go on a date?"

"I go on dates every weekend." He pointed out.

"Not flings." I said scrunching my nose in disgust.

"I know why you are getting there. Even if I do find someone. I will be keeping my eyes on you." He smiled and I huffed.

"If you have a girlfriend, I can hang out with her and at least someone will help me go against you." I sighed dreamily and he flicked me gently on my forehead and laughed.

"Ouch." I pouted.

"Back to reality." He laughed.

"I can dream, okay?"

"Sure, sure." He rolled his eyes and smiled.

"Are you coming tomorrow for the conference?" I asked. We have our company's annual conference. That's the only time,that Daniel (and sometime, David-when he's in NYC) will show up. The rest of the year, they are missing and that's fine as they have their own career to focus on.

"Yes, Dad called me. He said he will have my a*s if I don't show up." He laughed and I smiled. Dad is strict with both David and Daniel, but he's super nice to me and that's when Daniel and David complains how "unfair" it is...

"Then, do you want to go together? Or do you have plans after that?" The conference is at night after work in a hotel. In that conference, other companies' directors and CEO joins us as well. It's one of our biggest meeting where we kind of show how proud we are as a company.

"Sure." He said. "I think we should together. At least, I can excuse myself from unwanted situation."

"Of course." I said.