Chapter fourteen | Snowball

They had just been cleared to leave the hospital and both Valerie and Hope sat on the couch while there parents explained what was going on to her aunt and uncle though what they said was mostly lies. Their mother had explained most of what was going on to their dad, but for his protection kept the upside down and the lab a secrete.

At the moment Valerie sat on her bed her new sister sitting right beside her both staring ahead into nothing "did I hurt you when I was in your head?" Hope asked her softly staring up at her with tears in her eyes "I don't remember much just basic stuff every human knows, I guess I kept some information from your mind after all."

"you didn't hurt me enough to leave a lasting scar just scared me."

"I'm sorry."

"don't be sorry, I have a pretty fucked up mind it would drive anyone crazy if they'd been in there for a minute and you were there for years," Nodding Hope pulled the girl in for a hug after a moment they pulled away and stared at each other

"so are you gonna go to that dance?"

"how do you know about that,"

"I still have a few of your memories,"

"oh, well I don't know I mean I haven't really thought about it with being in a coma for a month."

"well you should go maybe you could ask Max to dance," Valerie stared at the girl mouth agape and eyes wide "I know you like her its pretty obvious to anyone who cares to look and I was in your mind and everything," Valerie stared at her before turning away a blush on her cheeks

"she wouldn't want to be with me besides Lucas likes her like a lot and well he's my cousin I wouldn't do that to him."

"well I still think you should go it could be fun, besides she likes you too"

"first of all she does not and second you'd be okay with staying here."

"yes she does and I have to get to know the family one way or another."

"yeah well then I guess I should get ready."

"can I help?" nodding Valerie smiled as Hope jumped up and ran to her closet and ran her fingers through the many different color dresses until she finally pulled out a short lilac cold shoulder lace dress covered in flowers. She handed it to Valerie and then dropped to her knees searching for shoes on the floor of the closet, she got up pulling a pair of shining silver short close toed pumps. Valerie quickly got dressed before being dragged to her vanity for her makeup to be done.

"not to much Hope."

"yeah, yeah I know," Hope began by applying a light coat of foundation and light pink blush, she added light purple and pink eyeshadow much to Valerie's dismay and then finished off with light pink lip gloss.

Valerie stared at herself admiring her sisters work the shoes gave her an extra 2 inches in height her dress flowed perfectly down her hugging in the right places the makeup surprisingly fit with the dress and her hair was lose so it flowed off her shoulders "you did good thank you," Hope smiled proudly at her sister

"come on we have to go they already dropped Lucas off so dad can drive you," Valerie nodded and they made their way into the living room where there parents stood.