Chapter 16

This was... nice. I have never had a real boyfriend before. A few dates but that's about it. Not that I am saying that he will become my boyfriend. I'm just embarrassing myself to myself.

Back to the real world. Ryder and I were still kissing and I pulled away. Not that I wanted to.

"Wow," I said and my face turned as red as a tomato. Ryder gave me a little laugh and got serious again.

"Will you go on a date with the me tomorrow night?" He asked.
     "Of course," I said a little to excited in my opinion.

"I'll pick you up at 8." He said and turned around and walked to his car.

I leaned against my car for a few minutes, trying to process what just happens. Ryder just asked me out! I mean we have a kid together but this is different. I would never consider Rosie a mistake, but Ryder and I really weren't prepared for what happened. But now we were and I wouldn't change anything that has happened.

I hopped and my car and drove home. By now it was around 8. I hope that Matt is home. I need to talk to him. I still feel absolutely horrible for what happened.

There was only two cars in the driveway so either he wasn't here or someone was using his car. I'm guessing that it is the first option because he can't even stand to see my face.

Mom and Rosie were in the living room watching Finding Dori. I stood there watching them for a few minutes before I heard a mama. I grabbed Rosie from my moms hands and set her on my hip.

"Hey baby. How were you today? Were you good for grandma? Yeah." I said and started mumbling stuff to her. I day down on the couch with her still in my arms and she eventually fell asleep. I took her upstairs to her crib and went back in the living room with my mom.

"Hey honey. How was today?" My mom asked.

"It was actually really good mom. Ryder and I came up with a plan for Rosie that we might not even need. He kissed me and asked me I on a date with him tomorrow."

"Really? That's great. And good for Rosie."

"Hey mom?"

"Yes."

"Matty found out about Ryder being Rosie's dad and he won't talk to me. I'm guessing that's the reason that he wasn't here today. I'm just scared that he won't ever talk to me again. I miss him mom." Tears start to stream down my face. I know I was being a bit of a baby but I didn't care. My mom wrapped new in her arms.

"You are my children. I know that he is mad right now but he will forgive you."

"No he won't. He hates me." I started crying harder now.

"I could never hate you, Bethy." I hear from behind us. I didn't even hear Matt come in. My mom stirs up and left us to talk.

I sat up and Matt came to sit down and gave me a small hug.

"I'm so sorry, Matty." I said and looked him in the eyes.

"No, I'm sorry. I completely overreacted." He said

"No you didn't. What you did was completely rational. I mean he's your best friend and I'm your sister. It was just an accident, Matty." I said and covered his ears.

"I really don't want to know the details, Beth." He said with a scrunched up face.

"Sorry." I said

"Stop apologizing for everything."

"But I really am."

"It's forgotten now. I'm going to talk to Ryder tomorrow." I gave him a look.

"Civilized." He said with a little laugh.

"Speaking of Ryder." I said.

"What?" He said.

"I thought you said that all is forgiven."

"Sorry, sorry. It is. Go on."

"Well...we have a sorta date tomorrow. But if you don't want me to go, I won't."

"Of course I want you to go. I'm not ecstatic about it but it's not about me. It's about Rosie. She deserves two loving parents."

"Thanks, Matty. You are The best big brother."

"I know." He said with a laugh.

We talked for awhile and we eventually went up to our rooms to do our own thing. I need to call Andrea and Marie. I also haven't seen Johnny in a few day which is suspicious because he is staying in my guest room. I haven't talked with them in forever. I feel like a bad friend. I decided that I will do that tomorrow. (I haven't written this in forever so sorry if I don't remember the friends really well) Drifting off to sleep I realize that things are actually really good. Ryder and I are getting closer. Matty and I are good again. It's just...amazing.