Part 29: Please I Do Not Want a Heart:

(Clover Country)
(Duke of Virgo -entry)

"Welcome back your grace, how was the celebration in Spade?"

"It was the same, as much as such events should take place. It is done perfectly by the book, just what I expect from a Queen from Heart Country."

"Your grace, any new information on regards Lady Magdalene's death?"

"Not much to see, today should be the one year anniversary that my daughter had passed."

"I am surprised that Sir Joseph just let this kind of events takes place."

"I heard from Kaleid that he opposed from these events from taking place. Though I do not really mind, it is my granddaughter's birthday."

"May I know her name, your grace."

"Princess Dream Walker of Spade."

"Hmm, it sounds like a name that Lady Magdalene will give her child."

"It is."

"How was Sir Joseph?"

"He lost weight, and it seems like, he does not have the luxury to grieve."

"We all heard the news way too late, I know that Spade is far, but not even a single telegram about the Lady's death. We only found out when we asked why no letters are no longer reaching us."

"Elias, what Magdalene wants for sure is for us to move on and continue what she started and it is now my responsibility to protect the children she had left behind."

"You are right, your grace."

"Where is Ace?"

"Just like Lady Magdalene, the young master seems to love outdoors. He is playing in the garden again at this moment. I must call him back inside now to wash up. The sun will set soon."

A young boy runs to me with his palms leveled to his chest.

"Grandad!!!"

"Ace! Hmm? What is that on your palm?"

"Grandad, can you save it? I saw it jumping on the ground, so I picked it up, so that I can return it back to the nest, but it suddenly stopped moving."

I looked at the sad face of the young boy. It looks like he cried when the hatchling stopped moving. I wiped his cheeks and patted his small shoulders.

"Ace, not everyone can be saved."

"What do you mean grandfather?"

'How should I explained this situation?'

The young boy who was granted the seal of Spade have an unfortunate constitution. The Spade seal bearers have unmountable strength, such thing that is beyond control of this little boy's body.

"You see, probably the nest had to push out this little hatchling because there is not enough space and food, that is why it fell on the ground and died."

"But it was still moving earlier!"

I do not really want to lie to the child, sooner or later he will realized the sad truth.

"Not everyone passed right away."

The boy looks confused and stared on the hatchling on his palms.

"Life is like a lit candle, the little fire can be diminished with just a little blow. Ace, please be gentle with everyone and protect everyone."

The little boy gave a small nod. Words that are hard to be comprehend by small child. However, I can't afford to be straight forward about the truth.