Ch.32 Test Him

Chapter 32

The little pebbles on the frozen ground beneath Mavi dug into her palm as she sat still staring at Owen. Her chest rose and fell in a rapid beat as her scenes filled with his intoxicating scent of dry cedar wood and moss.

Owen's pupils dilated in the silvery moon light as he caught her scent of lemons and wild tuberoses. Mavi parted her lips, her cold breath hung in the air like a small cloud.

"Owe-"

Before she could finish her word, Owen's lips were already on her. Mavi's heart grew twice it's size in her chest as she felt the warmth of Owen's mouth on her lips. He kissed her hungrily as if he had been starving for centuries. His lips were rough and hard against her soft plump ones as he savored every inch of her.

As if he couldn't possibly get her close enough, Owen's hand raised to the back of Mavi's head and pushed her mouth closer to his. Mavi felt the heat in her cheeks as Owen's tongue darted out and seeked permission. Breathlessly, she parted her lips and moaned when the tip of her tongue brushed against his.

Owen rose to his knees and pulled Mavi up with him. Her arms locked around his neck as she buried her fingers into his hair. Owen had one hand holding Mavi's head in place against his mouth and the other one was on her hips, gripping onto her for dear life.

As they worked their mouth against each other in the moonlight, Owen growled low in his chest. He could finally taste his princess and god damn was she heavenly. He never wanted to stop. He wanted to kiss her until her lips were swollen and red. And even after that, he wanted to leave his mark on every inch of her body.

But when the cold wind blew and Mavi shivered in arms, Owen pulled back.

"No," Mavi complained at the loss of warmth from his mouth.

Owen chuckled as he pulled his jacket off, "Give me a second, princess."

Mavi watched as Owen unwrapped the navy scarf from her neck and then pulled off her thin soaked sweater. She covered herself with her arms as Owen quickly picked up his jacket and put it on her.

"I need to get you home," Owen said, pulling her forward and kissing her roughly again.

Mavi's stomach tightened at his words. She let him pull her to her feet and then remained still as he scooped her up in his arms. She wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head against his chest. Owen smiled down at her as he placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.

Mavi had so many questions running through her head as Owen carried her through the forest. How was this possible? She wondered.

This whole time.....this whole time they were mates......

She found her mate.

It was Owen.

Owen was her mate.

Mavi began to cry in Owen's arms as he emerged from the woods at the back of the parking lot. He looked down at the girl in his arms with concern as he moved faster towards his car. Once he had placed her in the passenger seat he cupped her face and looked into her wet eyes.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" Owen's voice was laced with worry.

Mavi shook her head. She sniffled as her body shook with more sobs.

"You're killing me," Owen pulled her to his chest. "Tell me what's wrong."

"It's you," Mavi said against the soft material of his shirt.