14 ❆ Longing and Flames

"After like a year those two dorks finally got together," Yoongi commented as he walked along the edge of the building, right on the ledge with his arms stretched out in a T-position.

Hoseok walked on the ground near the ledge, about a foot away, he laughed at his Hyung's comment, "I know, Jimin won't shut up about NamJoon and NamJoon won't shut up about Jimin."

Yoongi smiled, throwing an ice ball in the air before reversing it into water then back to ice, "Jin, Jungkook, and Tae are next, my spidey senses are tingling."

Hoseok laughed even harder, his cheeks hurting from how hard he was smiling, "Jin and Jungkook, even though I don't really know Jungkook, will probably never grow up enough to have a proper conversation about both their feelings for Taehyung."

"Guess that's true, even though Tae is head over heels for the both of them," Yoongi stated.

Hoseok nodded, "If only Jungkook and Jin would just fall in love with each other, then problem solved!"

Yoongi scoffed, "That's like asking Satan and Jesus to get together, and also completely illegal; they could die."

"Who's Satan and who's jesus?" Hoseok inquired, changing the topic away from the death of a fire and frost elemental getting together, watching Yoongi now sit on the ledge.

Yoongi shrugged again, catching on to what Hoseok was doing and just going along with it, "They can be both or either at times."

Hoseok only nodded once more, sitting a couple feet away from Yoongi.

They haven't mentioned their feelings to each other, and frankly didn't think they ever would. What was the point? It wasn't like they could ever get together.

That fact always hurt both of them, their abilities kept them from ever being together and would always be the reason why Hoseok and Yoongi could never become a couple.

Even if they both knew this, even if they both were aware that these feelings they had needed to end and they shouldn't feel them anymore, they still hung around each other. They still talked about anything and everything, they still felt that untamable happiness when they were around each other, and they both felt that pull they hadn't ever mentioned to one another.

This pull becoming more painful by the day. The closer they were to each other, the more painful it got, and the farther away the softer the tug was.

Hoseok saw it as a warning, telling him that he needs to back away from Yoongi before he does something they'd both regret.

While Yoongi saw it as a sign, a sign that he and Hoseok should just confess and get it over with, that way they could move on from each other afterward.

Closure always helped people move on.

"Hoseok..."

"Yoongi..."

They looked at each other, a small smile appearing on both their faces when they realized they'd spoke up at the same time.

"You first," Yoongi encouraged.

Hoseok shook his head, "No you, you're older."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, "Oh, now you want to acknowledge that i'm older than you?"

Hoseok chuckled slightly, watching as Yoongi was about to speak until they heard a bell, the bell that meant lunch was over.

They both sighed, standing up and walking to the door, Yoongi exiting first and Hoseok right after.

Both their hearts aching and heads dizzy with want.

<><><>