Chapter 19

"We had already said 'no'." Luca snarls.

"But-"

"No!" He growls.

I look at Euan for help, but he, too, is adamant about not letting me go down to the prison cells to visit Trey.

Listen to our mates! My lyall tells me. But the main difference between lupis and wolves is that our humane logic still governs our instincts.

"It's still my fault he's like that and in there. " I grunt.

As much as I love their possessiveness, I hate that they are being unreasonable.

"'No' means no, Belle." Luca says sternly.

"You can't control me!" I cross my arms over my chest and give him, then Euan, death glares.

"Yes, we can." Luca glares back at me.

"Oh really? We'll see about that." I roll my eyes at him then turn on my heel.

Euan hugs me from the back and nuzzles his mark. Of course, I purr like a kitty cat.

I instantly know it's him because of the added aroma of frankincense to their identical musky and earthy scent, giving him a spicy note which could warm up the coldest of nights. Luca's defining aroma, on the other hand, is red grapefruit that gives him that clean and invigorating 'fresh-out-of-the-shower' feel. Their scents would actually match their personalities better if swapped.

"Bella mia, you are going through your heat. We just do not want you anywhere near unmated males, let alone that bastard." He says in between kisses which he trails on my shoulder.

A soft moan escaped my lips. "Well at least Euan's being reasonable."

"That was also what I meant!" Luca growls.

I turn around and glare at him before burying my face on Euan's neck.

I'm suddenly pulled out of Euan's embrace and engulfed by Luca's arms, then he nuzzles my neck and his mark.

I wonder if 'heaven' is as amazing as this.

But then I remember that I decided to not let myself be easily swayed by the mate bond.

"No! Only Euan can touch me!" I struggle out of his hold, setting aside the amazing feeling of his touch.

"You are mine too!" Luca growls loudly.

I am pulled back into Euan's arms and he positions his self in between me and Luca.

"Give her back!" Luca growls louder, his voice deeper than usual, but Euan stands firm on his ground.

I know he is linking something to Luca because Luca's eyes widen.

Luca's eyes flash gold before turning pitch black, meaning his lyall has taken over. "She's mine!" He snarls at Euan.

"Calm down first." Euan says in an authoritative tone. His muscles, which I feel under my hands, are very tensed.

Luca grabs Euan by the neck without warning and throws him to the side. My eyes follow Euan's flying form.

Shit!

Euan hits a wall. Well no, actually, he kinda got wedged in it.

"Why would you hurt Euan?!" I scream without thinking.

When I turn my head back, Luca is already in front of me. I am surprised, shocked, scared, angry, turned on – whut? – and annoyed... so I slap him right in the face.