133 The Jilted Second Young Master (6)

Song Jia finally couldn't help it.

She dragged the cake towards her and picked up the dessert knife, preparing to cut it.

On the corner of her eye, she watched Lin Yitian shake off his stupor in alarm.

"No!"

He tried to grab the cake away from her, but Song Jia was faster.

"It looks delicious, why can't I eat it?" she asked him.

"No!" Lin Yitian could only shake his head repeatedly, unable to express himself.

"I want to eat the cake."

With a determined expression, Song Jia picked up the dessert knife again.

"No!"

This time Lin Yitian became more aggressive and directly wrestled for the cake in her hands. His strength was too much for her. Song Jia allowed him to take it.

"Alright, I won't eat it. But you have to finish eating your dinner, your mom told me to accompany you so I will," she said.

The cake safe in his hands, Lin Yitian looked at her for a moment and didn't reply. He continued holding onto his cake.

"I really won't eat it," Song Jia tried to convince him.

Lin Yitian didn't budge.

Song Jia was left with no choice but to raise her hand and solemnly say, "I really won't eat it. I promise."

Lin Yitian looked at her, and finally put down the cake beside him. Song Jia watched him pick up his chopsticks and silently sighed with relief.

She was certain that if she hadn't grabbed the cake at that moment, Lin Yitian would either cry or have another meltdown.

Song Jia thought of the love meter that Nova had mentioned to her. Her boss hadn't managed to create a finished product in time, so she was left figuring things out on her own.

Song Jia curiously looked at Lin Yitian. He clearly only had mild autism, so he should be able to at least act like a normal person. But his movements and the way he spoke was just like a five-year old child. She didn't think that his doctor made a misdiagnosis.

"Lin Yitian, when is your birthday?"

Lin Yitian looked at her for a while.

"Tell me, so that I'll be able to bake you a cake," said Song Jia.

After a short pause, his low voice replied, "July 22, at ten thirty-five in the morning."

Song Jia was happy that they were finally having a conversation.

"What kind of cakes do you like?"

"Red velvet cake." Lin Yitian put down his chopsticks. "You told me to finish eating my dinner."

Song Jia was confused and nodded, "...I did."

"If you keep asking me questions, I won't be able to finish eating my dinner."

Lin Yitian watched as her face fell. He didn't know why, but he suddenly didn't like her having that expression.

"Smile," he told her.

Song Jia got even more confused. The command was so out of the blue that she didn't respond quickly.

Lin Yitian suddenly reached his hands out and pulled on her cheeks. Song Jia winced as it was a bit painful.