sixteen | neibolt; the sequel

A/n- I'm so sorry i didn't realise so much time had passed since the last update, i've been really distracted the past few days. but i'm here nowwwww, and this book is almost done 🥺

---

'Why the fuck did I agree to this?' Was the only thought that flew around your head while you rode next to Bill down the street towards the Neibolt house. 

Everyone else seemed to be thinking the same thing, because no one else said anything as you all rode without a word. It was unusual, there was always someone talking when you were a group.

But surprisingly, it felt good to finally be back together as a group, even if you were probably going to die in the next few hours by a bloodthirsty clown. 

Your breath got caught in your throat when you saw the house come into view. Your whole body went numb and you dropped your bike on the front lawn along with the rest of the boys, and you took a shaky breath and stepped into the front yard of the god-forsaken house. 

"G-guys, spikes," Bill told the group, and you turned to the fence, which had rather large prongs along the top of each pole. You shivered, remembering when you had stabbed the clown with a pole that looked just like them. 

You walked over to one, and it was so rusty that it snapped off easily. You held it in your hands for a minute, before turning, and almost being hit by a fanny pack being thrown in your general direction. 

Eddie had been the one that flung the pack, and you smiled at him, realizing that he finally understood that his medication was a bunch of bullshit. 

He sent you a guilty smile back, before you both turned to the house. It felt good to know that Eddie was finally standing up for himself. 

You almost jumped when you heard the sound of a bottle smashing. Looking at Richie, he was looking down at the tip of a glass bottle. He looked around awkwardly, before throwing it away.

You all didn't notice Henry Bower's watching you as you all started walking into the house.

It was strange walking back into the place you vowed you would never walk into again. It made you feel nauseous, and you immediately reached out your hand expecting it to brush up against Bill's. 

But then you realized that he wasn't beside you, he was leading the group with a flashlight while you stood at the back beside Mike. You let out another shaky breath before crossing your arms and continuing to creep into the run-down building. 

"Stan?" Ben asked, and you all turned, noticing Stanley was standing in the doorway, not following you all. He stood there, staring, and he looked terrified. 

"S-stan, we all h-have to go," Bill stuttered, and you walked towards the petrified boy. 

"Beverly was right," you started saying, "if we split up like last time, that clown will kill us one by one."

You turned to the group, resting a hand on Stanley's shoulder, stopping next to him. 

"But if we stick together... All of us," You took a deep breath, and caught Bill's eye, "We'll win."

Stanley didn't say anything after that. He just wrapped you in a hug, before pulling away, and everyone resumed their trek towards the well, feeling powered by your words. 

When you made it to the familiar room you had been attacked in last time, you all seemed to pause. Like you were deciding. Should you really go through with this?