Chapter 3

I found myself at a loss of words as I stood in front of him. I felt hyper aware of my appearance. Jax looked so relaxed as he sat there in his custom made maroon suit, and I looked like I just rolled out of bed.

"I-I'm Amina Gizel. I'm sorry... you had to overhear our conversation. I didn't know this would happen. Honestly, I didn't even know who you were," I tried to explain myself.

"I'm aware. If you knew who I was, you would have never approached me at your class level," he said arrogantly. I was shocked to say the least. He was a lot more attractive when he wasn't talking.

"Don't worry, I was planning on getting rid of the baby anyway, so you don't have to worry about me," I snapped before I started heading for the door.

"That doesn't work for me," his voice stopped me. I turned to look at him to see he was moving behind his desk. He took hogs suit jacket off and draped it over the back of his chair before he came to stand in front of me with his hands in his pockets.

"There's a fertility issue in my family. The men can normally get a woman pregnant once. After that, it hardly ever happens a second time. Be it fertility treatments, special medications, we've tried them all. The Signa family gets one heir, and one heir alone. If you abort this baby, the Signa bloodline ends with me. Therefore, as crazy as it sounds, you cannot abort this baby," Jax explained.

"Isn't that supposed to be my decision?" I countered. His arrogant attitude was pissing me off. He shrugged before going to sit behind his desk.

"True, the final decision is ultimately yours, but I can promise to compensate you well for your time and labor. As it stands now, my family has already arranged my marriage. It's just a matter of announcing our engagement at this point. If you have the baby, it'll be like hiring a surrogate. After you give birth, you can go on with your life and we'll raise the baby as a Signa," he explained. This guy was unbelievable.

"I found out first and I'm still trying not to freak out. You just found out I'm pregnant and you already have a plan?" I asked incredulously. He sighed and laced his fingers together on his desk with a poker face. He was impossible to read.

"Of course. I make sure to have a plan for everything," he answered.

"So I'd just carry around a baby for nine months then hand him or her over to you and your future bride after it's born?" I asked. Jax nodded. I scoffed and found myself rolling my eyes.

"Do you know how hard it'll be to carry a baby for almost a year? Have you seen what pregnancy does to women's bodies?" I asked rhetorically. I was just trying to make a point.

"You would be compensated for physical and emotional toll this pregnancy could have on you on top of being paid for your labor and time. If that isn't enough, I'll also pay for whatever reconstructive surgeries you deem necessary after the birth," he replied. I didn't like how he made my body and uterus into a business transaction.

"You're completely serious right now," I realized out loud. "And what happens if I refuse?" I asked. He smirked and leaned back in his chair.

"I'll blackball you by making it impossible for you to work," He answered easily.

"The world of the rich is really different," I muttered to myself. Jax sighed before he stood and walked closer to me. He pulled out his phone and held it towards me.

"I'll give you time to think about it. If there are any conditions you want to add, you can send them to me and I'll draft up a contract," he said. I hesitated before typing my number in and calling my own phone before hanging up.

"I thought you were giving me time to think about it?" I muttered.

"I'm already being incredibly generous as it is. The more you wait, the less you'll get your way. Oh, also, don't tel the media about this. You do, and I reserve the right to sue," he said, going back to his desk. I was shaking in anger as I left his office. I knew he'd successfully pushed me into a corner, and I hated that feeling. I went down to Asher's floor and told him I had a lot to think about before heading home. I was angry and upset. I was supposed to be in control of my own body, but yet, Jax has me cornered as a baby making machine for his stupid rich family. He was already arranged to be married? What era was he living in?

What pissed me off the most was how calm he was. I was still in a state of shock from the news, and he was ten steps ahead. It was irritating. I wish he never found out, but then I would feel guilty for aborting the only heir he would ever have. One child per person, did that make any sense? My head was still reeling as I laid down on my bed and pulled out my phone. I saved Jax's number in my phone as 'El Diablo' before thinking about Jax's offer. To be fair, it was pretty generous. How many surrogates could say that the beneficiary also offered cosmetic surgical costs? I wondered how his bride to be would feel about the news of my pregnancy? Sure, Jax didn't seem to be bothered, but women were territorial by nature. Surely his future wife would be upset that she wasn't the one carrying his child. I would never understand rich people. Based on Jax's conditions, I had no choice but to comply. Now the question was, what else should I ask for? He already offered a lot, but the arrogant look on his face made me want to make it more difficult for him. Maybe if I got some sleep, I'd be able to think more clearly.