If We Ever Meet Again

As soon as Marco left her home, she fell asleep. It had been at least hours before Marco left- she had to explain everything to him and show him the book that he used to belong in. She tried to prevent herself from showing him the chapters that he was involved in, but he insisted.

He nearly cried upon seeing his face inside the pages, seeing his old friends who were still alive to this moment.

It made her emotional as well. She felt horrible that he had to know that he was dead and no one knew how, or whether he died a hero or not.

“Marco, I promise you, I will try to do everything I can so you can meet your friends. Especially Jean. He was your closest friend.” She patted his back as he stood in front of her door before he left.

“Thank you so much.” He replied. She wanted to help him terribly. She wanted him to regain his memories and get his life back again. “I’ll see you again.” He waved off and walked to the bus stop.

“Bye,” she waved back and closed the door as soon as she could no longer see him.

She was awoken by the violent sound of her phone ringing on her bed table. “1 New Message.” She read on the blinding bright light of her screen. “Chris.” She said.

“Hey, (y/n), there’s someone I’d like you to meet. Come by the coffee shop near my house at 10. We’ll have breakfast, or late breakfast.” He texted.

She smiled, remembering Levi. If he had seen this he would flip out despite the fact that she’d told him many times that he took no interest in girls. The thought was bittersweet. She missed him too much- and it was very evident. She would be reminded of him with the simplest things, for instance the chair that he sat in, or the shirt that he wore the first time they met. It made her lips curl up into a smile, but her heart felt heavy.

She couldn’t wait for him to come back. Although she was too young to think about such a thing, she wanted to go far in life with him. He was not the most affectionate person ever, however the littlest actions were enough to know that he loved her.

After sitting on her bed for what seemed to be ten minutes, she got up to take a shower.

All of the things that have happened in the past week had made her forget about anticipating the person Chris wanted her to meet.

The smell of coffee and pastries filled the air as she stepped into the café, watching the line dissipate as the remaining customers who were late to eat breakfast left.

She looked around, looking for Chris who still wasn’t there. She took a seat by the corner where the only comfortable vacant seat was after she had her order of cocoa.

She looked down at the cup and smiled to herself again.

“Levi, when you and Hange find a way to create a walkway between our worlds, make sure you come back to visit once in a while. I’ll miss you both. I had so much fun hanging out with you and Hange today, even more than my friends.”

“Of course. I would miss you too… And yeah, Hange too.”

She looked down at her hands, remembering fondly what happened that night.

“Yo,” a voice called out from in front of her. “Why are you smiling at your hands?”

She looked up and saw Chris who was bent down to project his voice towards her.

“Oh, hey!” she snapped out of her thoughts, getting up from her seat to give him a hug.

Her eyes widened as she hugged him, seeing the person whom Chris wanted her to meet.