Chapter 05

Later that same day, after Myra helped Uma with the dishes- something she did a lot- The two cousins had made their way to the docks. It was the place they hung out most, the headquarters of their gang one might say. Myra was sitting in the lowest crows-nest of the ship, Uma sitting beside her. It had been quiet, until Myra took out her magical flute. It was made out of wood, two sides coming together in the middle where there was a golden nozzle. Some golden strings were wrapped around the rest of the wood.
     A smirk was visible on Myra's face as she nudged her cousin's side and nodded towards one of the pirates on deck. He was throwing stones at one of the others, who tried to ignore him and continue mopping the wooden planks before Uma would scold him for not doing his job. "Let's have some fun." 
     Taking a deep breath, she placed her lips on the flute and started to play. The magic of the instrument could be very powerful, once someone had mastered it fully. Myra was well on her way, but not as far as her father was when he took control off the group of children. Myra could, however, if she concentrated well enough and played without mistakes, control the actions of an individual person.
     Not letting her eyes leave the stone trowing pirate, she let her fingers move over the little holes in the flute, a soft, pure melody came from the instrument. For everyone else, the music sounded as just that, music, but to the person she was trying to control it was more. It crept inside their brain and as Myra played, she send silent commands through the melody that were irresistible for her victim. The only thing giving away that someone got controlled was the white glow that filled their eyes. Similar to the glow that would come from the flute's golden parts.
     This time, she made him stop throwing stones and instead he grabbed the mop away from the other pirate. Turning the greasy hairs of the thing up, he climbed up the rim of the boat. Everyone's attention got dragged to the sailor, knowing what was happening and curious to what their second in command would make him do next. Lunch, who had been climbing up and down the wooden pole and was completely unaware of what was going on, heard the music and returned to his friend. The little rat curled around the girl's neck and lay still, enjoying the sound.
     "Make him dance." Uma suggested with a chuckle in her voice. With a nod and a mischievousness smirk, Myra took another breath and send her next command. A moment later the guy dropped the mop right off the edge of the ship, lifted his left leg and held his arms in front of him in a perfect circle, the tips of his fingers barely touching.  With one swipe of his left leg, he swiveled around. On the rhythm of the music, he stopped turning, stretching his left leg entirely so he was half bowing to nothing, gracefully moving his arms to stretch behind him as if they were wings and he was a magestic swan. Swiftly he moved to stand on his left leg, using the momentum of his right leg to make a half turn and jump of the rim and back on the deck. 
     Myra hadn't practiced much with controlling two people at once, but she decided to try anyway. Focusing her attention to a second sailor as well that stood close by the one already under her control. The two bowed to each other before the first one offered his hand, which the other one accepted without any hesitation. Before they knew it, the two were entwined in a passionate tango. 
     "I hate to interrupt this amusing display." Harry Hook had climbed up the ropes and had reached the two girls. Uma, who had been laughing with most of the other pirates, turned to him with a glare. "But I have news I'm sure you want to hear." 
     "Spill it," Uma commanded. 
     "As I was collecting our hard earned money from that dreadful child at the hair salon, there was a certain princess in the shop."
     When the realization of Harry's words hit Myra, she stopped playing her flute- making the two pirates stop mid-dance and fall over. "What did you just say?" 
     "The prodigal daughter has returned," Harry said with a knowing gleam in his eyes. "Purple hair and all." 
     "Mal is back?" Uma asked, not believing Harry's words. 
     "Aye." 

Uma, Harry and Myra had moved to the ship's cabin for more privacy. They didn't want anyone else to hear this news until they had thought through their plan. 
     "If Mal is here, the others should be as well." Myra stated, looking at Harry for confirmation. But he shook his head.
     "Only saw the Princess." 
     "Don't worry, Cousin." Uma started, leaning back in her chair and plopping her boots on the table where Myra was sitting on. "Like you said, those sheep will follow her anywhere. Anyway, if Mal was able to get back to the Isle, she must know a way to open the barrier. All we need to do is get it from her." 
     "And we need a way off the Isle," Myra spoke up. "We might be pirates, but we can't really sale a ship that's not in the water." Myra revered to the ship they were in right now, that stood on a bunch of wooden pillars above the water to keep the wood from rotting. It hadn't been in the water for as long as the Pied Piper's daughter could remember.
     Uma smirked, looking up at Myra while tipping her hat a bit higher. "We are the daughters of Ursula and Morgana. I got it covered." 
     Not knowing what exactly Uma ment, Myra wanted to ask her to elaborate, but right at that moment there was pounding on the door. 
     "What?" Uma yelled. Without waiting for any invitation, the door flew open and Gil came running in. 
     "Uma! They're on the Isle!" He was clearly proud of himself, even though he wasn't being very clear.
     Uma let out an annoyed sigh, "If you're talking about Mal, yes we know that already."
     "Mal's on the Isle?" Gil asked surprised, completely forgetting what he came for. "How is she doing? She alright?" 
     "Not for long." Harry spoke up while he was trying to get Lunch to climb on his hook. He had tried that many times before, but the little creature wasn't interested in the cold metal and rather set his claws in softer fabric. 
     "Why not?" Gil asked.
     "Gil!" Myra raised her voice at him, irritation taking over. "Who are on the Isle?"
     "Ow, yeah!" Gil hit himself on the forehead with his hand. "King Ben, together with those guys. Evie, Carlos and Jay." Myra froze at hearing those names. They were back. For whatever reason, but they were. For a split second she thought they had come to get her, but she quickly shook that thought away. They had been gone for half a year and now they come here after Mal appeared? Together with the King? No. They didn't come for her. They were here because of something else. But what? 
     "If they're all here they would have needed something to get over the water." Myra heard Uma's voice in the background of her thoughts. "If we could find it and steal it, we could get away from this place." 
     "To where. Exactly?" Myra asked. "Auradon? They'll get to us the moment we set foot there. No, what we need is power. More than just my flute, Harry's sword, Gil's muscles and your necklace." 
     "Okay, so what do you suggest?" Uma asked, moving her feet off the table and leaning closer to her cousin.
     Myra looked from Gil, to Harry, to Uma. An evil smirk on her lips and a spark in her eyes. "We need the Fairy Godmother's wand." 
     A new silence fell, Uma was thinking about Myra's words, but Harry wasn't convinced. "And how would ya like to get your hands on that wand? Maybe it escaped your notice, Mirabella, but we are on the Isle of the Lost." Harry held up his hand to symbolize the Isle. "And the Fairy's wand is aaaaall the way in Auradon." The pirate moved his hooked hand further from his hand while dragging out the word 'al'. "We can't get the wand from the kingdom if we need the wand to get off the Isle."
     Myra stood up from the table to hit Harry on the back of his head, throwing off his hat in the process. "Never call me Mirabella again, or you're really gonna need that hook." She bit at him, on which he responded with an devilish grin. 
     "Is that a promise, Love?" 
     With another eye roll, Myra ignored Harry and continued. "We may not be able to get out of this place, but they are. We'll make them get it to us."
     "They're never gonna do that," Gil said. "They didn't even give the wand to their parents and they... are really scary." 
     Uma slammed her fist down on the table. "We'll make them!" She exclaimed. "And I got the perfect plan- Gil!" Uma addressed the boy. "Where did you see the King?" 
     "A few streets behind your mom's restaurant." 
     "Any idea where they were going?"
     "South, I think. Or maybe... North?" Uma growled, not able to believe how useless Gil was to her sometimes. But Myra wasn't concerned.
     "They're heading for the Hole. It used to be our hideout. I know how to get there." Myra said while taking Lunch off of the table and letting him crawl back inside her jacket. "So, Uma, what's the plan?" 
     "You, Harry and whoever you need go to their... Hole." It took some effort for Uma to say the ridiculous name, but continued very quick, waisting no time to tell her gang the plan. "And kidnap the King." 

🐾●°●🐭●°●🐾