↘︎ chapter eighty

80 | The end

Marley Macmillan's life has never been worse than at this point. She felt so empty, as if someone had sucked everything Marly wanted to live. She wept over Noelle and Noen's bodies, and her mother's body was close to that of her godmother. She couldn't lose her whole family overnight. It was not possible. Why did it have to happen to her?

She didn't know how long she'd cried over them, caressing their faces, or holding their freezing cold hands. None of the Weasley family did anything to stop her. They understood how she felt. Or at least they tried. But Marley couldn't believe it. First, her mother, and now they. They did not deserve it. Noen was so young, only eighteen. He didn't deserve to die.

"Honey," Mrs. Weasley quietly approached Marley, looking at the bodies of the people she loved the most. "Please, get up."

"Mom--" sobbed Marley, looking at the calm face of Brielle. "She tried to protect me from Dolohov. If it wasn't for her, I would be dead now. But the Killing Curse pierced her, instead of me. I deserved to die, not her."

"Don't talk like that," said Mrs. Weasley with calm voice. "I don't want to make you sad, but-- Bellatrix killed Noelle and Noen. They died together. At least, they are with Sirius now. Together."

"I must kill Bellatrix too." said Marley quietly, holding the cold hand of Brielle and Noelle. Two powerful women who didn't deserve to die.

"Too?" Mrs. Weasley withdrew from Marley, like she was something really hot. "Marley, what did you do?"

"I killed Dolohov," she replied and suddenly the whole Weasley family heard this and stared at Marley. "He deserved this. And If I had the opportunity, I'd kill him again and again."

"You killed him?" frowned George. He was breathing loudly and his eyebrows were wrinkled. "Is that why you told me to keep Brielle's body? Because you went to kill Dolohov?"

Marley just nodded and wiped the tear, that had flow down from her left eye. George was wordless. Everyone was. The Weasley family didn't know what to say - they were shocked that the nice girl they all knew was a killer.

"I understand you," joined Mr. Weasley with soft voice. "It's not good that you killed a person, although it's a Death Eater, but he killed Brie first. And she was your mother. You wanted revenge and you reached it. How do you feel?"

"Empty," Marley's voice was becoming quieter and quieter. "But I don't regret what I did."

"It's not the right moment to tell you this, honey," added Mrs. Weasley. "But Bellatrix also killed Remus and Tonks."

"NO!" Marley's voice raised a little. "Why everyone dies tonight? No one deserve this. Mrs. Weasley..."

"I'm so sorry, honey," Mrs. Weasley pulled Marley in a hug and she continued to sob on her shoulder. Then she sat next to George and sniffled, looking at the sleeping Fred.

"Don't worry about Fred," whispered George. "He's going to be fine. I'm really sorry, Mar. I can't even imagine how you feel after Brielle, Noelle and Noen died."

"All of them were too young," Marley said, trying to hold another flow of tears. "I feel guilty for Mom's death. She tried to protect me. Ginny saw her how she put me behind her and the Killing Curse blasted her. You didn't see how she fell, how lifeless she was--"

Marley was sobbing again and George just hugged her. "I know it's hard, Mar. Please, try to calm down and forget thinking about anything. Don't think I don't understand how you feel. You didn't deserve to lose all of your family in one night."