13 :: platonic hickeys & heated stuff

hahah you guys are probs
gonna kill me & these chapter titles...
i don't know LMAO

♡♡♡

Things returned to normal between Jeongguk and him; it was like nothing ever happened.

Taehyung didn't mind that they didn't talk about it. He supposed the younger would bring it up when he was ready, and all he could do was wait for him. It wasn't cool to force people to do things they simply weren't ready for.

When Jeongguk felt it was the right time, Taehyung would support him like all friends do.

So business continued as usual. He walked to every class with Jeongguk by his side, spent every lunch with him at Sunshine Sips, went to meetings after making sure Jeongguk got to the dorm safely and came back from practice with his favorite cereal.

When it came to night time, Taehyung practically dragged Jeongguk away from the table to his bed. The younger was still pretty stubborn, not listening to him when he demanded he go to sleep at ten.

Most nights ended up with Taehyung rolling the younger into blanket burritos on his bed, making sure he was all warm and content before hugging him tight.

Jeongguk was like a giant cuddly teddy bear, and he was all cute and pouty when he was delirious.

"Why am I always the little spoon?" Jeongguk grumbled the previous night, half-asleep as the older ran his fingers through his surprisingly soft hair.

"Because you're a big idiot," Taehyung whispered back, and that was basically the end of their discussion.

The next morning, Taehyung bit into an eggo waffle, typing away at his laptop as he wrote his essay on the dangers of gay conversion therapy. It was Saturday, and Seokjin and Hoseok made sure to tell him they went home for the weekend, leaving him alone.

Well, he wasn't entirely alone. Jeongguk couldn't go back to Busan on weekends due to volleyball. This was usually how it went anyways. Taehyung would lounge around in his room, watching netflix while Jeongguk went out to practice and came back with food.

It surprised him Jeongguk wasn't going out with different people lately, which struck Taehyung a little confused since that was practically a side hobby of the younger's. He didn't really care what he did, but he supposed it felt nice he chose to stay here with him.

Maybe Jeongguk wasn't that bad of a friend after all. 

"Hey Specs, I've been meaning to ask you," Speaking of the devil, Jeongguk came out of the bathroom, a toothbrush in one hand and toothpaste dribbling from the edge of his mouth.

"Ask me what?" He glanced away from his screen to see a shirtless Jeongguk, but honesty, he wasn't that shocked anymore. The guy hated wearing shirts at the dorm.

"I was talking to Jimin the other day," He quickly ran back into the bathroom to finish brushing his teeth before saying,

"Why have you been denying him Specs?"

"O-oh. You know about that," Taehyung froze, blinking a couple times at the younger as he stood by the door with a towel around his shoulders. Frick, he wasn't supposed to know about that.