Chapter 22: 'Sole'mate.

"It's not what it looks like." Said Rowan, shaking his head. But why did Willow feel that it was exactly as it looked like?

Willow blinked, her face showing that she didn't believe him, she didn't say anything since she didn't want to pressure him, but he still looked like she had just dropped a five hundred kilo rock on him.

"Well, you see." Began Rowan, his voice decreasing decibels by decibels at two hundred kilometers per hour, gaining speed at the same time. "Shesmybedored."

Willow blinked again. "She's your what?"

Rowan didn't reply, for a long moment. Willow replayed his last sentence over and over in her mind before it clicked in her.

Eyes widening, Willow gasped. "She's your-your," Willow stopped. "Oh my god!"

"Yes but it's not like we will end up married." Rowan rambled. "We might be betrothed, but we have no feelings for each other, I've always thought of her as my sister, we even grew up together. Before we got engaged we even made a pact that we can call off the engagement when the other found their ma-"

"You have a betroth." Murmured Willow, she didn't know why but she felt very upset. "A betroth. Rowan you said that you're my soulmate."

"I am your soulmate, Willow listen to me."

"So does that mean your cheating on me or are you cheating on her?"

"I'm not cheating on anyone. I told you, you and I, we're mates but Annie is like a sister to me."

Willow could process his words at the speed of zero. Her mind was spinning around only one thing. "My soulmate is cheating on me."

Rowan threw his hands up in exasperation. "I'm not cheating on you, Willow. What about you then?"

"What about me?" Willow was confused.

"You smelled like the Alpha of the Blood Moon pack yesterday."

Willow gasped.

"I'm not cheating on you!" Said Willow, why did she feel that the tables had turned?

"But you smelled like him, isn't that why the Werewolves attacked us? I've never touched Annie in an intimate way."

Willow didn't know why she just had an outburst on Rowan. She also had this weird feeling, as if she was possessive over Rowan. She was scared that she might lose him.

"I didn't do anything with Hunter." Said Willow.

Rowan raised his brow.

"Trust me. It was him, he attacked me, out of the blue. Look at my hands," Willow bared her gauzed wrists at Rowan. "He hurt me, they hurt a lot."

Once Willow was done, she regretted showing her hands. The only time one's wrists will be bruised is when they were in an intimate act, isn't it?

Just as she was about to explain that nothing else happened, Rowan grabbed her hands gently, his eyes hardening.

"Hey," Willow grinned nervously. "Matching bruises." Willow looked at Rowan's hand, though the redness on his hands had already started to pale, it was still there lightly.

"I'm going to kill him." Growled Rowan, his thumb which was running on her wrist was very soft.

"Rowan," Willow said pitifully. "I was just scared. I just found out that you were my soulmate, not even half an hour ago and then your fianceé popped out of nowhere. I don't want to lose you, right after finding you. I'm sorry, I don't know what came over me. I trust you. Don't be mad okay?"