C h a p t e r T e n

Keefe's POV.

When Keefe finally found his way back to his family's large villa, it was late at night and he figured almost everyone had to be asleep.

So he crept through the dark halls in silence, trying to find his room.

"Aha," Keefe whispered when he eventually found his chamber.
He turned the door handle and almost jumped out of his skin when he heard a voice behind him.

"Your early," the familiar voice said and Keefe slowly turned around to face them, mentally going through everything he'd ever learned in the karate classes his parents made him take when he was younger.

Keefe let a breath he didn't know he was holding when he saw Marella standing there, holding a stack of scrolls.

"Mare," he said. "You've seriously got to stop sneaking up on me like that."

Marella ignored the nickname and his skittish comment.
"Well?" She asked impatiently. "That ball ends in like, an hour. Was it too hard to watch those snotty swans dance and prance around like their better then us?"

Keefe let a nervous laugh.
"Oh yeah, you should have seen them. One girl couldn't stop stepping on her dancing partners feet."

Marella grinned. "I know you wouldn't have left such an exclusive dance unless is was something serious. So what happened? Did that soon to be Princess Foster Swan have you running?"

"First Lady," Keefe corrected.

"Whatever."

"And no," Keefe continued with a sigh. "Someone recognized me as part of this clan so I had to bolt."

"No way," Marella said with wide eyes. "No wonder your back early, if they'd caught you, you would have been T-Rex poop."

"I know," Keefe nodded, and searched for something to change the subject.
"So what are those?" He asked, gesturing to the scrolls tucked safely under Marella's arm.

Marella rolled her eyes. "War Writings for my dad. Your mom told me give them to him to look over."

"Huh," Keefe said.
Apparently he was wrong about most people being asleep.
"Well it's been a long night of eating and dancing, so I'll see you tomorrow."

"Kay," Marella said. "Goodnight."
She headed back down the hall and with a wave.

Keefe waved back then walked into his room.
He undressed from the stiff suit and pulled on sweatpants and a loose tunic.

Keefe collapsed onto his dark wood canopied bed and fell into a blissful, peaceful sleep.
Dreams filled with the most beautiful gold flecked eyes.

-

𝗛𝗲𝗹𝗹𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗼𝗻𝗲!
𝗦𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗯𝗼𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝗿𝘁, 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝘂𝗻𝗺𝗼𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱.
𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗻𝗲𝘅𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗯𝗲 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁, 𝗜 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲. *𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗸*
𝗜𝗳 𝗮𝗻𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗮𝗿𝗲 𝗳𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝗶𝗮𝗿 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘁, 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗹𝗹 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗥𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘀 𝗝𝘂𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘁'𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻. 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗞𝗲𝗲𝗳𝗲 𝗱𝗼 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁? 𝗜𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗻'𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗴𝗿𝗮𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗰 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗵𝗲'𝗱 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗔𝗹𝘃𝗮𝗿 𝗼𝗿 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁.
𝗝𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗜'𝗱 𝗴𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗼𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻.
𝗕𝘆𝗲!
~𝗧