CHAPTER ONE

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *

─── ・ 。゚☆ : *. UNLIKELY ENCOUNTER 
chapter one  ─ act one )

────────────

Aurelia Cromwell, or Rory as she preferred to be called, looked around her new surroundings as the cars drove herself and her family to their new destination. For the next few months, she, her aunt and uncle, Karsh and Ileana Orsino, and her cousin, Aleksei Cromwell, would be staying in a chateau in the French countryside. The house was only a few hours away from Paris, the City of Lights, and Aurelia couldn't have been more excited for the trip.

Rory looked up as the car passed through the metal gates at the main entrance, the car carrying her and Aleksei driving along the long gravel pathway. The château and its surrounding land, collectively known as the Le domaine Dark Raven (The Dark Raven Estate), have been in the Orsino family for generations. It was now all owned by Karsh, who inherited the estate after the passing of his father. All in all, Karsh owned 24 acres of land in the French countryside. However, he was often away due to work, it was the staff that was largely responsible for its maintenance and operations. Karsh and Ileana mainly oversaw their work to ensure that the family estate could be passed to the next generation.

The car then passed the caretaker's house, a 2 bed 2 bath house that the estate manager lived in. It made its way through the property, passing the outbuilding gites that Ileana renovated and allowed for senior staff members to live there. The château that they were to be staying in was nestled in between a beautiful park with beautiful trees. The surroundings of the chateau have been carefully laid out with gardens, ponds, and even a vegetable garden. But despite all of that, it was the Dark Raven Château itself that was truly the main attraction, the source of all envy for all those that gazed upon it.

The cars came to a stop in front of the chateau, the footmen instantly coming to open the doors. Karsh and Ileana got out of the first car, Rory and Aleksei got out of the second. Together, the four entered the castle, its wrought iron doors with the Orsino family coat of arms on the front opening on their own.

Rory smiled as she looked around at the castle's interior, barely able to contain her excitement. She always loved coming to Dark Raven. There was something magical about the estate that utterly captivated her heart. The place had a charm of its own that enchanted all who passed the foyer.

The neo-Gothic château was originally built in the 19th century during the Gothic Revival movement when people sought to bring back medieval Gothic architecture. Though it has undergone considerable renovations in its maintenance, the restoration was carried out with the utmost respect to the original design.

The beautiful and large château consisted of two floors with a total of 25 rooms. On the west side of the first floor, there was a private chapel, 2 receptions rooms for when the family were entertaining guests, a large library (that Rory was known to get lost in), and large living room. From the living room, you would then reach the main hall with a large spiral staircase that sat in the center of the château. To the right of the staircase (or east side of the first floor), there was the dining room, kitchen, back kitchen, gallery, laundry room, and Karsh's private study with its own bathroom and toilet. On the second floor, there were 4 magnificent bedrooms with its own bathrooms, wardrobes, and even a lounge.