Chapter 10

Emilia Ellis

I know I'm running from the deal that we made couple of days back, I don't know what got into me to even agree to that. Now I regret it and I don't know how to escape from him.

"How are you going in?" He asked.

I give him a deadpanned look and before I could remark he added.

"If you go back in, there is securities right now and they won't let you in until you have a stamp in your hand. Do you have one?"

My eyes widened at the news. There was no securities when I came out and I don't even have my phone to call anyone for help.

"I guess you now have to go through some tough time to explain how you got inside this premises." He give me a cheeky glance.

"I-I" I was honestly flustered now. I didn't think this through. Now, what should I do?!? I have never been in unexpected situation like this before. I feel like whenever he's around, I'm doing crazy and regretful stuff.

"Here." He said suddenly taking out a satin bag from his pocket and took out a crown brooch. The brooch was absolutely stunning. It seem like it's made of gold and there is small diamond pieces around the crown.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Wear this, you can go in with this."

"Why do I need one?"

"Otherwise you won't be able to go in." He shrugged.

"How about you?" I asked.

"I got a couple one." He grinned as he showed me the other brooch which is similar to the one I was holding.

"How come you have this?" I asked.

"They give it to me when I was coming out."

"But what about that woman?"

"We came out separately."

"Isn't this thing too expensive to give it out just like that?"

"Curious ain't we?" He smiled.

I shrug and put it on and so did he. We started walking away to the bridge and towards the building. Now, I see the securities walking around the place. The guard give us an acknowledgment nod and didn't say anything.

"So, what's your name stranger? Since I helped you get in.. I should know you name."

Fair enough, I thought to myself. "It's Emilia."

"Emilia." He tested the word and it sounded so much better from his mouth.

He opened the door to the hall and allowed me to go in first and when I stepped in. I see one of my cousin whose smile dropped seeing my brooch. What?

Chase followed behind me and it seemed like the whole room fell quiet all of a sudden and I was nervous by all the stares and looks.

Chase was nonchalant and casually stood beside me and give me a smile.. should I be worried now?

"Chase?" Caleb broke the silent and looked at him and then at me. Their features are so similar that my eyes widened. Please don't tell me they are related.

"Emilia?" Dad approached us.

"I didn't know you two know each other." Caleb asked very surprised, but happy and looked at the brooch. Is it something I should be aware about?

"Are you two related?" I asked, embarrassed and that broke the silence and everyone started whispering and mumbling.

"Let me re-introduce myself." Chase grinned. "I'm Chase Reynolds." And my mouth dropped open. I hope they are not the famous Reynolds, that is the talk of the town.

"How come you have the brooch when you two don't know each other?" Dad asked.

Before I could explain the brooch situation. Chase interrupted, "I didn't tell her my last name. We met a couple of times."

"Did you?" Caleb asked and he seemed pretty happy by that and,so was Dad?

David and Daniel walked to us with tensed look. I have no idea about the situation or about the brooch or the excitement about.

The woman who was with him earlier, I noticed her huffing and stomped her feet and turned to walk away.

"Emilia." Daniel muttered angrily when Dad and Caleb was busy talking about something.

I walked towards them and Chase followed behind me. "Why are you following me?" I asked.

"I'm just going to socialize and would like to introduce myself to that two man who seem like they will kill me, right now." He whispered and I give him a sour look.

Daniel was not happy with the company that I brought.

"Hello there." Chase said with a wide smile. "I'm Chase and you are?"

David, who is trying to calm down introduced himself, "I'm David Ellis."

"Of course, the Ellis." Chase said and give me a quick wink and I raised one of my eyebrow at him. He looked at Daniel who glowered at him, shamelessly.

"Daniel." He said with an annoyed expression.

"How lovely to meet you guys." He said.

"Can we have a moment with our sister?" David asked, politely but there was an edge in his tone.

"By all means, I will see you soon. Emilia." He excused himself.

"Follow me." David said and he was mad, I followed them out to the corner of the empty hallway.

"What is wrong with you?" Daniel snapped at me and I flinched. He never ever had to raise his voice at me like that. His expression turned guilty when he saw me flinched.

"What's wrong?" I asked confused. I have no idea why everyone is getting hype about something I have no idea about.

"Why do you have this?" Daniel looked at the brooch.

"I was outside and he said I won't be allow to come inside if I don't have a stamp or something like this to show that it's my re-entry?"

"You were outside?" David snapped.

"He said what?" Daniel said at the same time.

"Can you two not talk in that tone?I'm nervous and scared. You two have never spoke to me in that tone, before."

David's featured turned soft and he sighed, "Emilia, you have brought yourself some trouble without realizing it."