RWBY Vol.7 Part 5

-William's POV--

Councilwoman Camilla:General,since the day you were appointed Headmaster,there have been Atlesians who are skeptical on one man holding two Council seats. | Gen. Ironwood:Yes,which is exactly why we have checks and balances.

After Winter's outburst,she and Penny now stand by the doors.

Councilman Slate:We're supposed to,but lately you've been running roughshod all over them,making unilateral decisions without us. | Gen. Ironwood:Councilman,I never intended-- | Councilman Slate:What people intend and what they do aren't always the same,General.

A butler came in and whispers to Jacques.

Jacques:*whisper* What? For how long? (the butler whispers more) My authorization? Check it again!

Councilman Sleet:Councilman Schnee? | Jacques:*clears throat* Yes,I agree with everything,everything that was just said. No,uh,no further questions.

Robyn:I'm not quite done yet. You're afraid of something,General. Aren't you? | Gen. Ironwood:I think that's pretty obvious,Miss Hill. I'm trying to prevent Atlas from becoming another Beacon,another Haven. | Robyn:Yet,you don't trust your own Council to help you? Operating in secret? These are the actions of somebody who's hiding something. | Gen. Ironwood:I'm not hiding anything. | Robyn:Let's put it to the test then.

Robyn stands up and walks to Ironwood.

Robyn:You're all aware of my Semblance. Let's settle it here and now,General Ironwood... (puts out a hand) Here and now.

Weiss?: Wait!

Weiss burst through the doors and announced her presence.

Weiss:You've got the wrong man on trial. I know's who's been framing Ironwood,who rigged the election,and my father does,too. He's been working with him.

Weiss puts down a scroll and shows a camera feed of...Arthur Watts talking with Jacques?!

Councilwoman Camilla:Is that Arthur Watts? | Councilman Sleet:That's impossible! Dr. Watts died in the Paladin Incident years ago.

William:I can confirm that he is not dead,nor is that a doctored video. | Niko:I can confirm as well.

Jacques:What is this?

Gen. Ironwood stands up,intimidating Jacques.

Gen. Ironwood:Play it.

Weiss resumes the camera feed and we then listen closely.

Jacques:*camera feed* That bastard is costing me more money every day with this embargo. I'd lay off every employee in Mantle if I wasn't trying to get their damn votes for this Council seat! | Watts:*camera feed* What if I said you could have your cake and eat it,too? | Jacques:*camera feed* What do you have in mind? | Watts:*camera feed* James Ironwood never recognized my genius. After everything I gave him,he still disgraced me. I simply wish to return the favor. | Jacques:*camera feed* What's in it for me? | Watts:*camera feed* A seat on the council. All I need is your login credentials to the Atlas network. You promise to make Ironwood's life a waking nightmare,and I will guarantee you victory at the polls by giving the voters down in Mantle a little..."digital push",if you will. | Jacques:*camera feed* I always knew you were a good scientist,Arthur,hm,but I never knew you were such a good salesman.

Gen. Ironwood:Enough.

Weiss turns off the scroll as Jacques begin to panic.

Jacques:That,that is-- I can explain that. (clears throat) That...isn't real. | Councilman Sleet:Jacques,take your seat.