Chapter 11

Emilia Ellis

"What trouble?" I asked, confused.

"You do know about the Reynolds family's history."

"Bits and pieces." I give them a sheepish look.

Daniel frowned.

"How long have you known Reynolds for?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Today is the fifth time." I said, thoughtfully.

"So, you did in fact go on a date with someone." David pursed his lip, disapprovingly.

"No. We just bumped into each other." I explained.

"This brooch literally ties you two together." David said.

"What you mean by ties us together?" I was panicking now.

"It's a tradition in their family, kind of like a proposal. If someone from their family is interested in someone, they give that person this brooch and makes it clear to the crowd,that the person is off limit for anyone."

"What?" I asked by the sudden news. "What year are we living in?"

"That's why it's call tradition." Daniel sighed.

"And people just accept the brooch?"

"Usually, it's mutual feelings and kind of like a promise ring thing." David said.

"More like promising they will marry that person." Daniel spat in disgust.

"Hold on." I said trying to understand what they were talking about. "Where did marriage came from in this brooch?"

"I can't believe you fell for his trap." Daniel said.

"I have to admit something to you guys." I said as I nervously played with my fingers.

"I don't think so it is as bad as this news, so go ahead." David said.

"A couple of days ago.. I met him and we made a deal."

He raised one of his eyebrow at me and asked me to go ahead.

"That if we do bump into each other, I will go on a date with him."

"You did not." Daniel said in disbelief. David was not sure how to respond now as he opened his mouth-but no words came out.

"Let's go home." David said. "I'll text Dad about it."

"I think Dad is in cloud nine about this." Daniel said. "Caleb and him are like BFFs."

"And soon to be father-in-law." David said. "I will keep them busy, take her home."

"Tell Teagan, I'm so sorry." I said. I didn't have any intention what-so-ever to take the spotlight from her best day, today.

"I will." David said. "I will see you guys at home."

Daniel and I left in a hurry..taking our stuffs from the staffs and off we went home.

The drive to home was quiet. Jace was driving us home and I think he have to come back again to pick David up. Daniel was quiet for once, deep in thoughts. When we reached home, he sighed and give me a side hug.

"It will be fine." He said to me.

"I'm sorry." I apologize.

"Don't be. It's just you walked to the trap, unknowingly."

I nodded my head.

"I'm calling it a night." He said. "Don't stress about it."

I walked to my room, still can't get over the fact about what had happen. This brooch, Chase, the deal, the dramas..

I wiped my make up off and got ready for bed. My feet was killing me, I knew it was a bad idea to walk in heels. I turned on my bed side lamps and turned off the lights in the room.

I almost fell asleep when my phone pinged indicating a message and I unlock my phone. It was from a private number.

"I'm upset you left me in the party.."

I have no idea who it was.. there was another message followed by the previous one.

"I hope you are going to keep the end of the bargain. I will be waiting for your response and you looked incredible and beautiful today."

I have no idea how he even got hold of my number. The word, stalker came in my mind and I laughed and then screamed in annoyance. I will go crazy, soon. I ignored his texts and went to bed.

At least it was the weekend. I was so glad I was able to sleep in. It was nine a.m and the house was way too quiet.

Zara poured me a glass of juice and said she will prepare my breakfast and I thanked her.

Mrs. Jones will be returning soon from her vacation. She is the head staffs over here. She manages everything of this household including staffs.

I rest my forehead on the cool marble counter. It feels so nice-I like the quietness until, I heard footsteps and talking from the front door. I sat up and I see my Dad walking inside the house with Chase.

Are you being serious? It's like nine a.m in the morning. I'm still tired, my feet still hurts from yesterday's shoes and I look like a mess. I'm in a T-shirt and yoga pants and here he is walking all handsome and sexy towards me. Wait, am I dreaming? Please let it be a dream. I closed my eyes and opened and he was still there.

"Dad." I greeted him.

"Em, I brought someone special this morning to you." He grins at me.

"Who is the special someone?" I asked faking excitement. "Wait, you mean him?" I said looking at Chase up and down in distaste.

"What's with your sour mood, this morning?" Dad asked surprised. "I thought you will be happy. I'm so surprise you two know each other."Dad looked at Chase who give him a dazzling, million dollar smile.

"He said you owe him something.." Dad give me a curious look and I smack Chase's arm as hard as I could and laughed.

"I think he owes me something as well."I said.

Dad frowned at my words and looked at Chase. He was amused and didn't show any slight concern on his face.

"Baby." Chase said putting his arm on my shoulder. He does smell incredible, it's a mixture of mint and cologne. He snapped me out of the weird thoughts I was having to myself about him. "I know.I promised we will be hanging out with each other a lot often, didn't I?"

I blinked at how he twisted the situation and I was left baffled.

"You are so cute."He pinched my cheek, lightly.

Dad chuckled, "children." And shake his head. "Where are your brothers?"

"Still asleep."

"You guys are coming home, tonight?" Dad asked.

"Yes." I said and I know Dad was about to invite Chase, but I didn't give him the chance to and give him a quick hug. "Would you like to eat breakfast with me?" I looked at Dad, pretending Chase was not there.

"I would loved to, but I have a golf game with Caleb this morning. We are going to have a family dinner tonight with Chase's family and you need to fill us guys with how you guys met and started dating."

"Oh, how beautiful." I said.

"Isn't it, baby? We don't have to hide anymore." Chase's eyes grinned mischievously at me.