Chapter 1: The Chase

Just a note before you start reading that this book will contain topics such as manipulation, violence, and forced relationships. If you are uncomfortable reading about any of those things then I would advise you to not read this. I'm unsure if there will be any explicit scenes in future chapters, however if there are I will put a warning at the beginning. Also, I will put a short recap at the beginning of each chapter in case you decide to skip a scene. Thanks and enjoy reading :)

"It's her," a burly man yelled pointing at (Y/n)'s retreating figure. "She's the thief."

(Y/n) took this as her cue to leave, and ducked under the wooden frame of a vendor's stall, tightly gripping a stolen loaf of bread in her hand. Footsteps could be heard--probably ten or more--each with every intent on catching the young thief. (Y/n) pushed her legs to run faster despite an overwhelming sense of fatigue and lack of footwear. She had stolen before, but she had never been caught and had no intention of changing that today.

"Out of my way," the (h/c) haired girl yelled, shoving a young woman out of her way. In any other circumstance, she would have felt bad, but she had no time to think. The adrenaline was pumping through her veins, pushing her body run. (Y/n) turned into an alleyway, then another. To an outsider, it would appear that the girl was just running away with no destination in mind, but (Y/n) knew her way around the back-streets of Lissun. She knew exactly where she was going. Just a little bit farther and she would be near the center of the city: a bustling hot pot of beggars, high class, and anything and everything in between --a perfect place for her to blend in and make an escape. However, instead of running straight into safety, a rolling cart slammed into the female, causing her body to lurch towards the ground. (Y/n) groaned in pain.

An old woman ran up to (Y/n)'s injured form. "Oh, I'm so sorry dear. My cart, I lost control of it and it just started rolling. I'm so sorry," she rushed. The woman's hands shook as she spoke. Her light eyes took in the young female's form, widening when she saw blood dripping down her forehead.

(Y/n) touched her aching head. Her hand brushed a sticky substance causing a wave of dizziness to wash over her. She glanced towards the elderly woman squinting at what she saw.

Since when were there two of her? the female wondered. She saw two blurry copies of the woman in front of her, each spinning around. It was almost comical. It reminded the female of something she saw the time she downed a whole bottle of beer. (Y/n) giggled at the thought, the sound never reaching her lips.

A sudden rush of fatigue hit the (h/c) haired female. Her eyes fluttered shut, sucking her into a deep state of unconsciousness.

-------------------------------------------------------

As (Y/N) opened her eyes, she felt a sharp pain in her head. 

"Ugh what happened?" she groaned taking in her surroundings. It was dark, but she could see that she was in a small cell. The female suddenly recalled the events of her most recent misfortune. She could only assume that she was brought to the prison sometime after she lost consciousness. The thought made her shiver. How long had she been out? (Y/n) hoped that it hadn't been long, but she couldn't be sure. The female concentrated on the shapes in the dark room, looking for movement. Perhaps there was someone nearby who would have the answers to her questions.

"Hello?" the female called out. There was no reply. "Hello," she said louder.

(Y/n) was once again greeted with silence. She shook her head in disappointment, the action giving her a headache. The young female decided to check out her injuries, so she reached up to touch her head. She felt a soft fabric wrapped around her skull. It was slightly damp in one spot; the liquid, (Y/n) assumed, was blood. 

I need to get out of here, she thought. I've been gone too long.

(Y/n)'s eyes darted around the cell in panic. She needed to get back to her friends. She needed to get home. Her mind drifted towards the group she called family. They weren't her real family--after all, (Y/n) was an orphan--but they were the family she had chosen. 

There were four of them total: Lily, Katy, Josh, Liam, and (Y/n). They had banded together over the years. Lily, the youngest was just a baby when (Y/n) found her, deciding that she would take care of the abandoned child. Katy and Josh were twins, and feisty ones at that. The two didn't really like (Y/n) at first, but over time they warmed up to the girl. And Liam, where would she begin to describe Liam? He was about a year older than (Y/n). The boy had helped her one night when she was harassed by a group of kids. Liam was far too kind for his own good; it was something (Y/n) loved about him.

(Y/n) smiled at her thoughts, but her face quickly fell. The (h/c) haired girl felt guilty. She had failed them. (Y/n) thought about the loaf of bread she had attempted to steal. She didn't like to steal, but she couldn't let her group starve. (Y/n) couldn't afford to buy the children food, and all of the money that Liam made went towards buying medicine. Lily was very sick, and the group did everything they could for her. (Y/n) would steal small desserts and bits of bread, so that the girl could eat, but (Y/n) had gotten caught. Her eyes teared up at the thought of her friends going hungry. It was her job to feed them. It was her job to take care of them. But she had failed them, and soon she would have to face the consequences.

994 words

Hey everyone! Sorry this chapter is kinda boring, but I needed to get some of the background info out of the way. btw I am adding this note in after publishing this chapter. Just a heads up, the first 3 chapters are essentially all introductions to some characters  and scenes that will be seen throughout the book. You don't actually meet the first yandere until chapter 4. Also, I originally forgot to mention, but this book will be sort of a slow burn meaning that the princes will get to know (Y/n) pretty well before showing their yandere sides. Anyway, thanks for reading!