Chapter 35: Older Cousin

Ryzen POV

"Finally, I can see you in person! You can't possibly imagine what I did, girl. It took me a lot of bribes and threats just to convince that stingy man next to you." the woman said in a haughty tone.

It was no other than Kristine, who was Lennox's older cousin. Upon seeing her again in person, I am seriously astonished.

Lennox mentioned that this older cousin of his was already 32 years old. But seriously, even at the national event party, I thought that this woman was only at her early 20's at most. There are no wrinkles on her face and her skin is glowing radiantly. Honestly, she is undeniably beautiful. It seems like good genes really run on Lennox's family.

Just the day before, Lennox asked me if I was willing to spare some time to meet his older cousin, Kristine. Apparently, she was going back to America in a few days and wanted to meet me before she left. Lennox mentioned that she was a fashion designer and was curious about me since I was the only one who wore a Luka designed dress in the national event.

He told me that it's fine if I did not want to, but I am honestly also curious about his cousin. Just basing from how I saw them interact in the national event, they looked like they had a pretty good relationship.

Upon remembering that time and the ugly feelings I felt, I am seriously embarrassed. It didn't help that Lennox still teased me about it.

"My overbearing older cousin is a good-for-nothing spinster. I am not one who engages in incestuous relationships, and even if we were not related, she still wouldn't catch my eyes. It's filthy. Besides, no one can catch my interest except for you..." Lennox whispered to me in a cocky tone just moments before we came in this restaurant.

Quickly, I tried to erase that certain memory. It made me flustered and irritated at the same time. He's so childish!

I just hope that he didn't say anything to his older cousin though. Especially now, his older cousin is in front of us. I really do not know how to respond if Kristine teases me for accusing her of possibly being Lennox's lover.

Focusing on the present, I put on a genuine smile for Kristine.

"I am happy to finally be able to meet you too." I said to her gently.

On the other hand, Lennox had a disgruntled expression as he stared at his cousin. He ignored her as he listened quietly to us instead.

"Ah, but you're really pretty. Like, you look unique in a good way. Kind of like the classic Asian beauty. No wonder, you really deserve to wear Luka's dresses. He's my mentor but even so, he never let me wore one of his creations. I'm envious." Kristine said in a pouty voice.

Feeling flattered, I was loss for words for a second. It really feels amazing when you're getting a compliment from someone who is so beautiful.

"You know, my cousin stared at you all the time during the after-party but you've never once stared at him. Since I saw that his eyes were only on you, I figured that he knew you and begged him to let me meet you just before I went back to America. But, hmmp! He's so fussy, he said that he didn't want to." she complained even more.

Upon hearing her words, I felt somehow embarrassed. Did Lennox refuse her requests because I told him that I got jealous of her during the national party? But that was because I didn't know their actual relations, okay!

I took a glance at Lennox and looked at him with a suspicious gaze, which he quickly averted.

"Anyways, you're too good for him. You can do better than him. If he ever had the guts to wrong you, just tell me. I used to kick his balls when we younger because he was such a wimp and was so scared of me. So if there's anything, just tell me." Kristine said proudly as she winked at me.

When I heard her say that, I let out a somehow awkward laugh. I looked at Lennox and he had a darkened expression towards his cousin.

"This is exactly why I didn't want you to meet her... you're embarrassing me in front of her. Actually, I wanted to introduce you to her during the national event after-party but did not have the chance to do so. Just introduction and no need for meetings, no need to tell her all that. I would not be so stupid to wrong her anyway." Lennox said in an annoyed tone.

Kristine only laughed at Lennox's reaction and I also couldn't help but smile a little. Honestly, I am touched by his words.

"Really, what a weakling. I can't believe I'm related to you." Kristine further annoyed Lennox.

And so, the rest of our conversation became lively as Kristine shared about her life, and childhood stories about Lennox. It was entertaining and even I couldn't believe that Lennox was really once like the young child that Kristine described. Too funny! I finally have some things to tease him in return.

But other than that, what made me engrossed while talking to Kristine was her reason for staying unmarried.

Kristine said that even though her parents are divorced, she was still surrounded by a very loving environment since she'd see loving relationships of her uncles and aunts, as well as her grandpa and grandma. But what she chose right now is her own preference: to be comfortable, free from any attachments, and just be on her own.

"Getting married and having a family of my own never appealed to me. I am 32, nearing 33, and by society's standards, I should be married by now. I never had elaborate daydreams about wedding gowns and engagement rings. You can count me on me to always be the bridesmaid—and I won't mind!" she enthusiastically said.

More so, hearing her talk about getting bored often and just casually dating all the time, it actually reminded me of my original life. Somehow, I see myself in her. If there wasn't any transmigration mission, if I didn't 'die' in that plane ride, I think I would also have the same beliefs as her... I'd probably just also choose to be alone and just cheer for others who find their true love.

"Even though this is my own stance, I respect what other women choose to do, though. For some women, their goal in life is not career-related or anything else. Some, just simply want to find love and settle down with a guy. And, that's okay. After all, everyone is different. All women are different and have the power to take control of their lives." Kristine continued to say in a meaningful voice.

Upon hearing those words, a sudden realisation hit me. What she said just perfectly described the original Millen Yu's goal in life. It was simply to have Lennox as a lover.

At the start of my mission, I actually judged her for having such a goal. Since I was a woman who took pride in her career, I was wary of women who just wanted to settle down with some man and not do anything else in their life.

With Kristine's words though, I realised that I was wrong for judging Millen Yu's life. After all, what right do I have? It is her own choice and it would not impact my life in anyway. Just like Kristine's words, all women are different. Instead of judging each other for the different choices we all make, we should uplift and respect each other.

Besides, as I got to know Lennox, I really couldn't blame the original Millen Yu for having such a bizarre, yet extravagant goal in life. Lennox is a very good man and ever since the day he confessed to me, he's only been exceedingly affectionate. His actions and words make my heart melt all the time.

Ah, really, Kristine have such a cheerful character. But even so, she is so knowledgeable as well. I can't believe I've learned so much just from talking with her for a relatively short time.

"Take care, you two. Don't be shy to talk to me anytime, Millen. See you again someday!" Kristine waved to us.

Before entering Lennox's car, I waved back at her and smiled widely.

"Take care too, Sister Kristine!" I said warmly.