Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five:
Physics?
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.

"Why isn't it starting?" Addison asked, looking over at her girlfriend nervously. "Why isn't the car starting?"

"I-I don't know!" Nancy stammered, "You can't be serious! Come on."

"Didn't your mom just buy this car?" Lucas asked.

"Yes.. I'm sure it's fine." Nancy waved the boy off dismissively, struggling to get the car to start.

"Did you leave the lights on?"

"No!" Nancy hissed, growing more and more irritated by the second.

"Do we have gas?"

"Yes!" Nancy turned the ignition again, "Come on!"

"Woah, woah, woah! Stop, just stop!" Jonathan pulled Nancy's arm away from the key, "Pop the hood."

"We're gonna die!" Addison grumbled, covering her face with her hands. "I don't wanna die!"

"We won't die." Max comforted, rubbing small circles on the back of Addison's hand. The sound of an engine roaring brought her attention away from Max. She turned her eyes towards the window, her heart dropping at the sight of a car in the center of the empty parking lot. Max's hands became sweaty at the familiarity of the car. "Shit.."

"Back in the mall! Back in the mall!" Nancy shouted, pounding on the window. Addison quickly pulled the seatbelt over herself, ducking under the strap and pulling Max with her. "Go, go, go!"

As Addison's feet hit the pavement, she nearly tumbled to the ground. Her heart raced as Max pulled her towards the door. "I thought we were gonna die!"

A breath of relief passed her smudged lipgloss covered lips. "I-I.. I need to sit down, I'm gonna pass out."

"Here, here." Max said, her voice quiet and shaky. Max led her over to cafeteria chairs, sitting her down and looking down at Nancy. The older girl cocked the gun, nodding in satisfaction. "You're gonna kill him, aren't you?"

"This is just a precaution, okay?" Nancy spoke, trying to comfort Max.

"And not just against Billy. If he knows we're here, so does the mind flayer." Will continued.

"What's a gun gonna do against that thi-"

"Scoops Troop, I repeat, we are in need of emergency transportation! Do you copy?" Mike began pacing back and forth again, "Do you copy?"

"No chance that thing'll drive, right?" Nancy joked.

"We don't need it to drive." Jonathan said as Mike continued to signal the Scoops Troop. "We just need the ignition cable."

"How are we gonna get that? Because if you need me to get down and under that car, I can. I don't know how you'd get the hood popped and I don't know what an ignition cable looks like, but I'm totally willing to do that. Totally, but I don't think I'd be of much help, actually. Because, again, I don't know what an ignition cable looks like so I could accidentally blow us all up if I pull the wrong cord. Is that even possible? I hope not." Addison began to ramble, standing up from the chair and wiping her hands on her dirty shorts, "You know what, maybe you shouldn't get me to do that, it's probably a bad idea, actually. Um, anyways-"