Getting Use to Things Again

Percy

I woke up the next morning with a mess of brown curly hair on my chest.

I remember everything that happened last night. Our kiss. Just thinking about it caused me to blush.

I felt movement and looked down to see Hermione slowly waking up.

"Morning Mione."

"Good morning."

I heard the door to the infirmary open and then closed.

"You two may be of almost legal age but I will not allow this kind of behavior in here!" said Madam Pomfrey walking towards us.

This caused Hermione and I to blush.

"Get up Ms. Granger. You too Mr. Jackson. I will not have this. Also, you're to be released today as long as I deem you healthy."

We slowly got out of the bed and fixed ourselves.

"But I'm feeling good." I said.

"No, I must make sure all students are healthy before releasing them. she said.

"Fine." I grumbled.

"Alright let me see here." Madam Pomfrey looked at me very closely which made me feel uncomfortable.

I caught Hermione staring at me. I gave her a sly grin then mouthed, 'like what you see.' She turned away hoping to hide her blush. This only caused me to laugh.

"Mr. Jackson no moving." said Madam Pomfrey.

After a few minutes she said he was good and let us leave the infirmary. I must have not noticed it before, but it was really early in the morning.

We decided to go back to the Gryffindor Tower to freshen up and get ready for the day.

"I'll meet you back down here in half an hour." Hermione said before going up to the girls' dormitories.

I nodded my head and went to the boys' dormitories. I tried to walk as quietly as possible so I wouldn't wake up the others, but stealth wasn't my thing even back on my other quests. I wonder how everyone was doing. I wonder if the gods knew or the other campers. Oh gods, I didn't even tell my mom that I would be on a quest for who knows how long.

I have to go talk to Dumbledore about this as soon as possible to see if there was someway to talk to her.

I finally got to my room, I tried to quietly open the door, but it made a loud noise causing me to wince. I continued to open the door and in my astonishment, Harry, Neville, and Ron were still asleep.

I went over to my chest and quickly took out a new set of my uniform before going to the showers. I took a quick shower and putting on everything but the robe which I still refused to wear. What was the point?

I got back to the common room and noticed I still had some time to spare.

I decided to ponder on what has happened on this quest so far. I guess I've been doing what I'm supposed to be doing, protect Harry and the others. I've made some friends and now Voldemort probably know something about me after his little attempt. This quest was something entirely different than any of my previous quests.

I remember like it was just yesterday that I got attacked by Alecto and beginning my demigod days.

I was startled out of my thoughts by a voice, "Percy?"

I turned around to see Hermione walking towards me. Gods did she look beautiful.

"Sorry was just thinking about what has happened and all."