Chapter 106 - New City, New Place

Running my fingers through my still wet hair, I walk out of the bathroom and into the main area of the hotel room, noticing Stiles sitting out on the balcony through the open slider.

I lean against the doorframe, taking a moment to just watch him scrolling through apartment listings on his iPad.

Sensing me behind him, he doesn't look up from his perusal when he states "I want you to come apartment hunting with me today."

"Okay," I smile to myself and push off the frame to walk up behind him, leaning against his back to wrap my arms over his shoulders and rest my hands on his chest.

He lifts his left hand up and wraps his fingers around my forearm as he goes on "Because we really can't be staying in the hotel much longer."

"That's true," I mumble and kiss his cheek before resting my chin on my arm.

Stiles makes a noise and absentmindedly drums his fingers against my arm while he implores "How long did they say we could use this place?"

I make a hmm noise and tilt my head from side to side with my words "Since we relocated, they said as long as we needed it while we were able to find somewhere to live– though I think dad has more to do with the easy timeline."

I feel his shoulders shake slightly with his silent chuckle and he's quiet for a few moments, continuing his perusal of layouts and floor plans "Hmm, so are you thinking we should find somewhere close together then?"

"Yea I think so" I reply and remove my arms to sit down beside him in the other chair while he continues to have his focus on the task at hand "Like how close? Same street might be difficult."

I smirk at his knee bouncing and him rubbing his fingers over his lips. He's so nervous and I am more than sure I know why– so I'm just going to have to do this my damn self "Hmm, could be yeah– same building would probably be better."

A throat clear from him and still not looking at me he replies thoughtfully "Right same building– do apartment buildings usually have two vacancies at the same time?"

I set my elbow on the table and rest my chin in my palm as I digress "When Lydia and I were apartment hunting last year it was very rare to find a building with multiple apartments for us to tour unless it was the end of the semester."

He makes a noise of frustration and rushes out "So should we be looking near the university?"

"Stiles?" I try, though he ignores me and continues his stressed out ramblings "Because that will be one hell of a commute every morning to downtown with the traffic–"

"Sty?" I ask, reaching my free hand over to set on his and move it off the ipad. Stiles follows the movement of our hands with his eyes before he snaps his gaze up to finally connect with mine "Yes my love?"

I soften my face, lifting the corners of my mouth in a gentle smile as I state "How much longer are you going to keep up the pretenses that you want each of us to get our own separate apartments and that you don't want to take this next step with me and freaking move in with me already?"

Fighting back his smile, Stiles jerks his head back a little and turns in his seat to face me more "Did you just ask me to move in with you?"

I turn his hand in mine and intertwine our fingers "Yes, yes I did– are you saying yes?"

"Of fucking course I'm saying yes woman!" he rushes out before he pulls me by our hands and sets his hands on my hips as he guides me to straddle his lap.

His bright smile matches my own as he slides his hands up my sides, to cradle my face in his palms as he slides his fingers into my hair and pulls me forward, pressing his lips to mine.