thirty-five.

DEAD MAN!
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
the disappointment of the family.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

NOW, ADRIAN MARTIN HAD GOTTEN INTO TROUBLE A LOT OF TIMES IN HIS LIFE, RECEIVING MORE PUNISHMENTS THAN THE AVERAGE TEENAGER DID. The boy accepted that very early on in his life and he could openly admit that. The Martin boy was so sure he had received every punishment except a restraining order . . . until now.

"You will not go within fifty feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Sheriff Stilinski read out to the three teenagers currently sitting across from him, Melissa McCall and Natalie Martin right behind them.

Adrian was yet to look at his mother, he didn't need to. He knew exactly what look would be placed on her face when he turned round, he had seen it so many times in his life now it was a given. Plus, he could practically feel her glare burning holes into the back of his head.

Scott avoided eye contact as the two boys beside him looked ashamed, the Martin boy looking the most calm in the situation before them. Stiles was first to break the heavy silence filling the room. "What about school?"

"You can attended classes while attempting to maintain a fifty foot distance." The Sheriff replied, not in the mood to hear his son's questions.

"Okay, what if we both have to have to use the bathroom at the same time and there's only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other?" He made hand motions, Adrian finding it hard to tell if he was being genuine or not in his questions.

When Mr Whittemore huffed, Noah folded his arms in disappointment as Melissa sighed behind the boys loudly. Stiles looked between them. "I'll just hold it."

❚ ❚ ❚

"I cannot believe you, Adrian Martin! I mean, I know you have a certain attachment to trouble but even this is low for you!" Stiles and Scott winced as they watched the boy get shouted at by his mother, feeling helpless.

Adrian just bit his lip and stared at the floor, not even defending himself like he usually did. This time, he just took the hits. He knew this was a losing fight. "I know." He muttered.

"You promised me you would try and get your grades up and stop getting detentions! I mean, it's like you want to me yell at you!" Natalie frustratedly looked at her son.

"Well, I don't." The boy spoke with the same low voice, not meeting the woman's eyes.

Mrs Martin didn't look impressed. "Well, you should've thought about that before you got a restraining order!" She screamed, the whole department most likely hearing her by now. "You know how stressed I have been looking after Lydia after what happened at the dance!"