Chapter 10

Chapter 10

"Yeah, as if. I'm going to bet that Ian will be getting me some ice cream tomorrow." I laughed.

"I'm gonna bet this week's allowance that he isn't going to get you ice cream. He has been like bringing you sweets for the past like what, two weeks? He's gonna be broke soon, Zavie." My brother laughed.

"Now now, kids settle down. Zavie, honey, at least tell me the next time when Ian is coming over, alright? It was rude not to-"

Suddenly, the car swerved. Horns were blasting. I was pushed into my brother due to the sudden swerve, crushing him against the door. I heard my mom and dad scream. I looked outside and saw a car running straight towards us.

Then, it slammed into us.

---

"Aah!" I jumped up, tears threatening to form in my eyes. Suddenly, I was brought into a hug by Ian.

"Shh Zavie... it's okay. You're fine. You're here. You're back. Don't worry." Ian comforted me, rubbing small circles with his paw into my back while his other paw pet me.

I let out deep breaths, trying to control my breathing. I didn't want to get a full blown out panic attack. Slowly, my breaths started to get slower, and I felt Ian wipe the tears from my eyes.

"Are you okay now, Zavie?" He asked me.

I nodded with a "Mhm..."

"Was it that car dream again?" He asked me. I nodded again, burying my face into his bare chest for comfort. I felt both his paws wrap around me and pull me tightly against him.

It has been a few days after that whole ordeal happened. We have hung out together for almost 24/7. Though, I wish that the nightmares I am getting would stop.

"Come on, Zavie. Let's go back to bed..." Ian said. He laid back down while still burying me into his chest fur.

It's like I have an emotional support wolf for me now.

I slowly closed my eyes as I listened to his heart beat, which helped in getting me more sleepy. And slowly, everything went dark.

~

"Hey Zavier," Corey called me.

"Yeah?" I replied.

We were hanging out in Ian's house again, all of us sitting in the living room and watching some movies on Netflix.

"I'm sorry if this ruins the mood, but this has been bothering me for a while..." Corey continued. "But isn't your family still alive?"

"What?" I said, bewildered by the statement. The room went silent, you could hear a needle drop to the floor.

"Hey, that does make sense..." Hailey said. "In this world, only you died, and your family survived the car crash..."

"Wait what?" I replied. "But... my family died back in my world... why would you think they would be alive here?"

"When you died, you got transported to this world." Jaylin said.

"So it's not far-fetched to think that your family got here when they died." Tyler finished.

"Huh..." I replied, scratching my chin. "I never thought it like that..."

"How about we go visit his old house, hmm? They might still be living there..." Ian suggested.

"Uhh," I hesitated. I would really like to see my family... but are they really my family?

There are two possibilities here:

One, they might be the family I grew up with, which is great, but would they remember me? I mean, they probably would, but what about their other versions? Like, what would happen to the furry versions of them?

And second, they might be the people who my other version grew up with, which is okay, since I have all his memories, but would I really connect with them? Would I have the same attachment I had with the family I grew up with? And if this situation was true, what happened to my old family?

And what actually happened to my other version? Where is he now? Is he in my world, or somewhere else, or is he actually dead?

What is going on? Why is this so confusing? Why is this so-

"Um, Zavie?" I heard Ian call out to me. I snapped out of my thinking land and looked at him with wide eyes.

"We don't need to go visit them, but if you want to, we can go." Taylor said.

I sighed. The best thing we can do is go ahead with the flow... that's what Zane always told me...

"Let's go find my family."

~

It was weird walking through the country side... Suddenly, I felt like I knew all of the places like the back of my paw...

"Zavier? You okay?" Jaylin asked me when he noticed that I was zoning out.

"Huh? Oh yeah! I am, I am, don't worry... It's just that... It suddenly feels so nostalgic walking through this place...

"Do you remember this place?" Ian asked me.

"Kinda? It feels weird... It's like I always knew this place, but it was pushed to the back of my mind, and now, my brain is pushing this memory forward, but there are some pieces missing..." I explained.

Ian just nodded along with my explanation, not really telling me if he understood it or not. It seems like he did...

We finally reached a house at the end of a cul-de-sac. It was white, and it had a huge lawn surrounding it. It looked kind of antique, making it stand out from all the other houses which looked modern.

"This is it." Ian announced.

I stared at the house. It seemed so familiar to me...

"Let's go to the front door." Taylor said. Ian led the group while dragging me along, and pushed me to the front of the door.

"Go on, ring the doorbell." Ian encouraged me.

With shaky hands and the feeling of tons of butterflies in my stomach, I lifted my paw and pushed the door bell. The sound of birds chirping filled our ears.

I heard steps coming towards the front door, and I held my breath. My breath hitched when the door opened, revealing a vixen who was shorter than me.

The both of us gasped. Suddenly, memories rushed through my head, old and new. I can see that this was the same case for her as well. Tears started forming in my eyes.

"Z-Zavier? Is that you?" She asked me, trembling.

I heard two more pairs of footsteps coming down the stairs and to the front door. Two other foxes were looking at me, their muzzles open with surprise.

"Zavier?" The younger fox gasped.

I nodded, tears rolling down cheeks as I smiled widely.

"Hey mom, dad, Zane... It's me, Zavier."