Chapter 22

Jisoo's POV

"How was today?" I asked with nervousness crawling through my entire being.

I really didn't know what she was thinking and the worst part is that the carnival date was supposed to be me and her and not her and my cousin. I'll totally take note inside my head to talk to Taehyung after this.

"It was fun." She commented with a shrug which relieved me but I'm still not contented.

"Do you wanna go somewhere else?" I asked. My eyes were literally begging her to say just one place in her mind. Just one to make up for this monstrosity of a date. I didn't want this day to suck so bad.

"None that I could think of." She answered which made my heart go downhill and I am getting frustrated over myself that I parked the car on the sidewalk. I faced Jennie with seriousness written all over my face and confusion in hers.

"Just one place, Jen. I don't want this day to end miserably. I've been an awful date and-."

My words were cut off by a swift peck on the lips. On the lips. By Jennie. Jennie, the love of my life.

"You were an amazing date but I can see that your tired with all that's happened today." Her facial features softened and I swear, I imagine myself floating on a cloud or maybe I feel drunk by how fuzzy I feel.

"I still have some fuel left. Please, Nini. Just one place." I pleaded with my infamous puppy eyes and when I heard her sigh, I knew I won.

"Our special place would be a great last-minute date venue." She answers while patting my face and I immediately lightened up.

"Always a great choice, Mandu." I started the car but stopped when she slapped my hand on the steering wheel.

"Actually, I'm having second thoughts of going to our special place. I think I want to go back to the villa." She had a pout on her face and I already knew what I said wrong.

"Sorry, Jen." I said and she smiled with a 'humph'.

...

The trip wasn't that long. Figuring that where I stopped my car was only a few kilometers away from our special place.

"Do you have any plans of getting off that seat of yours, Jennie?" I laughed at the sight of Jennie still sitting on her chair with the most adorable pout.

"I just realized that I'm hella tired and I'm not planning to get up." She answered which made me smile.

"Or maybe your just trying to find a reason to make me carry you." It was supposed to be a joke but her answer caught me surprised.

"Maybe." Her cheeks were pink and she avoided my amused look.

I snapped out of my daze and smirked. "I'll be honored to carry you, princess."

I then carried her. She wasn't complaining and neither am I.

"There you go." I let her say down on the railings of the bridge. I felt her grip tighten on my shoulder. I chuckled softly. "Don't worry, I'll hold you tight." Wrapping my hands around her waist was enough for her to calm down.

I didn't know what happened next but all I know is that her arms are around my neck and she was burying her face in the crook of my neck. Her soft breaths were tickling my neck but I didn't tell her that. This moment was too surreal.

We didn't say any words, neither does it matter if we say anything or not, for the past five minutes and only enjoyed this moment of peace. It may be the last time.