Four

'Tate McRae'

<Kaycee POV> 

I gasped along with everyone else at the name that left Julian's mouth. Tate was our friend, she was actually pretty close to all of us, but she moved to Calgary, Canada, 4 years ago to attend a dance school there. All of us were pretty upset about the whole situation. However we had lost contact with her a few months prior when Tate went on tour and became too busy with rehearsals to chat. 

'No way, she's back'  Tahani said completely dumbfounded.

As Julian turned his screen towards all of us, we all gasped again as it felt more real this time. Everyone started to talk in an excited tone as the thought of Tate coming back felt unrealistic. 

' Dude, that's crazy' josh exclaimed.

'I still can't believe it' Bailey said.

'I don't believe it' Tahani said causing Bailey to laugh.

I realized everyone was talking amongst themselves as they went on instagram and tried to dm her. Everyone but Sean. As I looked over in his direction. He was slumped back on his chair, with his hands crossed, and lips tugging into a smirk. Waving a hand in front of his face, he looked at me with the biggest smile I have ever seen on his face.

That's when it hit me. Sean and Tate. 

*Flashback*

Kaycee aged 13.- Sean aged 14.

Kaycee walked into the Lew house as she called for Sean repeatedly. Not getting an answer she realized he must have still been sleeping. Tip toeing over to his room, she carefully opened the door in an attempt to not make it creak. Slipping in and closing the door behind her, she was surprised at the sight she saw. There he was, Sean, laying on the bed, with his phone in his hand and his hand above his heart with lovesick puppy eyes.

Annoyed at Sean, for not responding to her calls, she went over and sat on top his chest, raising her fists in the air and bringing them down for a punch. But before their skins made contact, Sean held onto the the smaller girls hand and sat up. With the two best friends sitting now merely opposite each other, Sean broke the silence. 

' you won't believe it Kayc'

'Believe what? That you don't know how to respond to my calls idiot'

'Okay, I'm sorry for that but something really exciting happened to me and I just couldn't stop thinking about it'.

'What happened? Did you finally grow some sense'

'Noooo, even better...... Tate told me that she has a crush on me'.

Kaycee's whole body froze at the mention of  her name. 'What-t'. 'I know right, it's crazy, how could someone like her, like me'. 

' So, are you two like together or-'

'I don't know yet Kayc, but she likes me. Can you believe that she likes me?' At this point Sean was jumping up and down on the bed like a lunatic screaming those words for the whole world to hear. As he flopped back down onto the bed , his hand was still placed around his heart as if he was shielding it away just for Tate. But his smile turned into a frown a few seconds later.

' the only problem is, you know, she's moving away to Canada' Sean said letting out a heavy sigh.

' at least you know she still likes you' kaycee said awkwardly trying to lighten the mood.