Suicide and Dramas

You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.

•|•|•|•|•

"Where's Kath?" i asked looking at Sandra, the doctor and two other nurses. My calm demeanor only hid how furious I was inside.

I came to the hospital with Ayo and Sam to take Kath home only to discover that Kath was missing. She had been missing for 30 minutes and the hospital staff had no idea where she was. To say I was furious was an understatement. I was mad, mad at the doctor, mad at the nurses, mad at myself, mad at everyone.

I paced up and down the hallway to quell my rage. "Calm down David" Sam said, "the hospital security is already searching for Kath. They will find her".

"Why should I calm down?" I snapped, "what sort of hospital is this? They don't take the security of their patients seriously, they have no idea where their patient is! They deserve to be sued! If anything happens to Kath, I swear...". I didn't know what else to say because I was so angry, words could not express my rage.

"Dave, calm down" Sandra pleaded coming close to me, "the guards are searching for her. They will find her, she couldn't have gone far". Sandra tried to touch me but I stepped away and raised my hands.

"Don't touch me!" I was just so angry that anything irritated me. I couldn't think clearly. Sandra looked really hurt and offended but I was so angry I didn't care. I walked away but Sam stopped me halfway. "Where are you going?" he asked concerned.

"To find Katherine...Sam, can you please help me? I want you to search the premises of the hospital" I said, asking for Sam's assistance desperately, "she must be here". Sam nodded and left. Ayo followed me, "why did you do that to Sandra? She looked hurt". He looked displeased with me.

"What matters to me is finding Katherine so if you can't help me, go away" I told Ayo and walked away. I searched everywhere possible but she was nowhere to be found. I was getting really worried and frantic. I am responsible for her. If anything happens to her, I won't be able to forgive myself. Why is this happening?!

"Dave! Dave!".

I turned around and saw Sam running to me. He stopped in front of me and panted. "God! Thank goodness I found you" he panted.

"What is the problem?" I asked. Sam panted, "Kath...she is on the roof...I think she is going to jump".

"What?!". I left Sam and ran as fast as I could. Is Kath mad? What is she doing?!. Sam and I met Sandra on our way to the roof top and she showed us the way up.

We arrived in time just to see Kath's back facing us. She was staring at the sky and she didn't seem to hear us. Either that or she was ignoring us. Her hair was blowing in the wind and she closed her eyes to savor the moment.

"No!".

"Don't jump!".

"Someone! Stop her!".

There were some people downstairs who had noticed the situation and were telling Kath to get down. I realized I was surrounded by Sam, Sandra, Ayo, the doctor who treated Kath and two other nurses.

"Kath!" Sam yelled. She turned around.

"What are you doing here? Come let's go down" Ayo coaxed, "this isn't like you so what are you doing?".

Kath ignored him and turned around. Her gaze on the ground. "Kath? Are you really trying to commit suicide? why would you want to commit suicide?" Sandra asked, trying to reason with her, "don't be silly, come with us".