𝟏𝟓

Dawn's Pov

It was a hassle trying to memorize the names of all people I had met today. They all looked so much alike that it was almost impossible to tell them apart from each other.

There was aunty Lenore and Rosa alongside three uncles who rarely hung around for a conversation. Then there were David's six cousins, Darcy, Lionel, Elodie, Oceane, Pom, and Quincy, and their kids who were also present at the family house and not to forget the soon-to-be weds, Sylvie and Julius who made it just in time to join in for pre-lunch.

On the bright side, Amanda and I didn't have a falling out. She'd been busy running around and trying to put things in order for the wedding rehearsal and If I didn't know better, I'd think she was more excited than the bride herself.

We did lock eyes once tho and she'd thrown the nastiest skin-chilling scowl my way and stormed off.

I sighed as I took off the last piece of clothing I had on and opened the glass sliding door to step into the standing shower.

I was never going to understand why that woman despised me so much.

I shook my head at the thought as I turned the lever clockwise, immediately greeted by the warm water that surged down and wet my skin.

I closed my eyes and sighed in pure bliss. It felt nice and warm. I pushed my hair out of my face and tilted my head back so the streams beat my face and relieved me of-the bathroom door suddenly opened and my eyes snapped open.

I turned around instantly to look through the glass battered by a cloud of steam. "David? is that you?" I asked, fighting down my panic as I wiped the fog off the glass with my hand.

"Who else would it be?"

The sound of his voice made me release a relieving sigh. "You scared me." I opened the doors and I swear to God I wasn't expecting to be greeted by the sight of his nakedness. My cheeks heated. "What are you doing here?"

His eyes skimmed over my body, from my legs to my face. "What does it look like I'm doing?"

"Invading my privacy." I narrowed my eyes and tried to close the sliding doors but he held them apart and poked his head through.

"Mind if I join you? I'll scrub your back and you'll scrub mine?"

I tried my hardest to keep my eyes from wandering to other rising places. "I need to finish her quickly so I can prepare for the rehearsal dinner."

"Cool." He stepped in, allowing the streaming water to drench his hair and wet his skin with little droplets falling on his shoulders and glistering off his toned chest. "Let's save water together."

I moved back to give him space. "Since when did you care about saving water?"

"You're right, I don't." He closed the distance between us, resting one hand against the wall beside my head. "But this is the only place I can have sex without the whole house hearing your screams."

My heartbeat precipitated. I bit my lip. "You'll make us both late."

"I know." He pressed his body flush against mine and leaned his head closer, his voice low and hoarse. "I just really need you." He slid a palm down my ass and squeezed so tight that I gasped. "Now."

My chest rose, rubbing against his as I inhaled deeply. "Are you always this horny?"

"Blame it on your sexiness." He teased, bringing his lips down to mine and sealing it in a kiss that I couldn't refuse, a kiss that I could only return.