Seventy One

Lucas sighs and walks into school. He sees Tatiyana with her friends and he walks over to her. Tatiyana leans off her locker rolling her eyes.

"What do you want?"

Lucas walks over, "Can we talk? Please?"

Tatiyana looks at him for second before looking away. "Yeah, I guess".

Lucas nods and holds his hand out. Tatiyana looks at it, placing her hand in his and they walk off to an empty classroom.

Tatiyana sits on a desk, swinging her legs. "So what's up?"

Lucas sighs, "I didn't kiss Gabi. She kissed me and I pulled away. And I swear, right after she kissed me, I told her I'm uninterested and that I'm talking to you".

"It didn't seem like that".

"I swear it. She was talking about how she misses being together but I let her know it was too late and I've moved on".

Tatiyana nods and looks down at her ripped jeans. "I thought...Maybe I'm...I don't know too...Too dark for you or something?"

"What? Tatiyana, you gotta stop saying that about yourself, okay? Your skin color is beautiful. You're fucking stunning. Stop putting yourself down".

Tatiyana looks down, shrugging. Lucas frowns, lifting her chin, "Hey. Stop putting yourself down".

Jazmyne walks into the classroom, smiling. "Hey, Lucas. Uh, Tati, we gotta go. Class".

"Okay. I'll catch up, give me a second".

Jazmyne nods and smiles, "Okay".

Tatiyana walks until Jazmyne leaves the room, looking up at Lucas. "I'm sorry I assumed instead of asking. I know that was wrong on my part".

Lucas smiles, "It's okay. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner".

Tatiyana gets off the desk, nodding. "I have to get to class".

Lucas nods back and smiles, "Wanna go out with me for lunch? Just you and I?"

Tatiyana smiles and nods, "Yeah. I'd like that".

**
Benjamin walks over to Noah who was talking with Mateo. He smiles, grabbing his arm. Noah looks down, smiling. "Hey, Hermoso". He leans down kissing him once.

"Where is everyone? Are we going to lunch?"

"Lucas is with Tati, Elly with Jaz, and Gabi is...Right there".

Benjamin nods, "Well can we hurry? I'm starving".

Noah smiles and shakes his head. "Okay, Ms.Cranky. Gabi! Come on, going to lunch".

Gabi walks over, smiling. "Hey, guys. Where are we going?"

**
Now back at school, Benjamin heads to the bathroom before he had to go back to school.

Benjamin throws away his paper towel, before turning in the mirror to fix his hair.

He hears a stall unlock, and looks over to see Katen. He looks back into the mirror, before walking away.

Katen walks over, "Hey. Hey! Look at me!"

Benjamin feels Katen gripping his arm as he's swung around. Benjamin gasp, "What?!"

"You told Kiara's mom what we did? What the hell is wrong with you! We haven't even messed with you in weeks!"

"So that makes it right?" Benjamin looks down at his arm, "Let go of me!"

Katen's grip tightens on his arm, "Who do you think you are? What a pussy move! You fucking crybaby".

"Pussy move? Okay, tell me how much of a pussy I am when you are behind bars for assault! And years of it, you asshole. now let me go!"

Mateo walks in, eyes widening. "Woah, Woah...Hey! Katen get your hands off him".

Given his respect for Mateo, for whatever reason, Katen let's go.

Mateo looks at Benjamin, "You okay? Go to Noah, he's at your locker".

Benjamin nods and looks over at Katen. "You're sick". Benjamin leaves the bathroom, walking over to Noah.

Mateo shakes his head at Katen. "What is your issue? Do you know what's so strange about you? You're so obsessed with Elly and the fact that she likes girls, but the second a male is interested in another male is weird?"

"I-".

"No! It's fucked up and it's gross. You're being homophobic to my primo and his boyfriend and then over sexualizing his best friend?"

Katen shrugs, "You thought it was gross too".

"No, I didn't think it was gross. I just didn't understand it. People can grow, asshole. It shouldn't have to take you seventeen fucking years, estúpido".

Mateo walks out of the bathroom, sighing.

**
Noah had dropped Mateo off at home and was now sitting in the car with Benjamin.

"Does your arm hurt at all?"

Benjamin shakes his head, grabbing his arm. "No. It's fine. Mateo came in before anything happened".

"I don't understand. Why start again? Everything has been so calm and normal".

Benjamin shrugs, "I guess he's just bored. I don't know, baby. I'm not really worried about it".

Noah reaches over, grabbing Benjamin's thigh. "Well, I am. I'm tired of his bullshit".

Benjamin smiles, "Well. Let's keep it the way it is. If I'm not worried, you shouldn't be either, okay?"

Noah looks at him, nodding. "Okay".

Benjamin smiles, leaning over to kiss Noah once. Noah smiles, kissing back before pulling away. Benjamin smiles, "Let's call Lucas! Ask about his date!"

**