◆32

"I'm not a child, you don't need to always protect me

"I'm not a child, you don't need to always protect me." She grumbled in the passenger seat of Jeno's car.

"You could just be thankful that I'm helping."
"The whole point was for you not to help, now what happens if you get hurt you idiot."

"You're the idiot for doing this Rosa, you truly infuriate me like no other."
"Good, you infuriate me too."
"I don't do anything worth being infuriated over Rosa."

"Yeah you do." She argued back, crossing her arms over her chest.
"Mm, what's that then?"

There was a silence on the other side before Heejin huffed.
"Just shut up Jeno."
"Okay."

She sighed, leaning her head against the window as the sun beamed through it onto her skin.

"I missed us, how we were before...you were my first best friend you know?" She admitted and he glanced at her briefly.

"I do too, but you're still the same."
"No I'm not."
"Still stubborn and you think you're intimidating."
She gasped and narrowed her eyes at him.
"I am intimidating."

His lips pulled up into a smile at her attempt to sound dominating yet it came across more adorable than anything.

"Stop smiling, it isn't funny." She whined, shaking her head in her hands and pulling her feet up on the chair.

"You've changed a lot." She muttered, watching as the cars revved past.
"I know."
"What happened?"
"People change Rosa." He sighed, almost tiredly.

She ran her eyes over him, knowing how his Father was brutal towards him and the air fell silent for a while.

"What happened to your Mum?"
"She passed away two years after I left, suicide." He said monotonously and her eyes softened.

"Jen-"
"It's fine, Yuta should be calling you now, make sure you do it properly."

"Shit." Jeno hissed, snapping into action when he noticed the car that had been driving their way.

He immediately began to drive, alerting the other members that they were on the way, speeding down the road.

"Who is it, I can't see?" Heejin squinted in the rearview mirror to see who was driving but it wasn't any avail.

Jeno was trying to lead the car into a trap, Taeyong and Johnny waiting at it to catch them.

"They're getting closer." Heejin informed, edge of her seat- anxiously.
"Put your seatbelt on." Jeno said, eyes still on the road, hint of care in his words.

Heejin pulled the belt over her body, feeling the car rumble underneath her and it sped up- zooming past the other cars.

It was exhilarating, thrill of the speed stirring in her stomach, holding onto the door handle.

"Nearly there Johnny, get ready." Jeno informed and the victory was at the tip of their tongues, anticipation laced in them.

Heejin furrowed her brows at the sight of  a car driving towards them at full speed in their lane- head on.

"Uh, Jeno?" Heejin breathed out, pointing to the car gaining speed and Jeno cursed- swerving to the side to miss them.

Dread filled Heejin as soon as she saw around 6 cars surrounding them and there was no way Jeno could escape to where Johnny and Taeyong were without causing an accident.

"Backup." Jeno uttered out into his earpiece, hearing Renjun frantically typing in the background.

The car jolted forward at the force of a car hitting them and Heejin gasped, lurching in her seat and her eyes widened- looking at Jeno who's arm outstretched to stop her from lunging out of her seat at the force.

He went faster, speeding through the lanes with his heart beating rapidly- feeling the sense of dread filling him.

And thats when he saw the large truck on the left side of the road, heading towards Heejin's passenger seat.

Jeno's eyes widened, attempting to move out of the way but before he knew it he heard the ear piercing scream from the girl he had unknowingly fallen for.

Well that's sad

Anyway

Kick it won #1 baby