How to Enter

We're so happy you're interested in entering the KIN writing contest! Below you'll find the contest timeline and entry instructions. Please read them carefully and take note of all deadline dates, times, and all requirements. 

TIMELINE

APRIL 3rd - Contest Launches!
Start preparing your Story Pitches. Pitches should be based on one of the provided Contest Prompts (see previous chapter) and be a maximum of one-page in length. Pitches must include:

- A logline

- A brief story summary (500 words or less)

- A list of characters

- Your Wattpad username

APRIL 20th - Pitch Submissions Due
Send your pitch submission in an attached document or PDF format to < opportunity [at] wattpad [dot] com > with the subject line "KIN Contest" on or before the deadline of 11:59PM SST on April 20th. 
*You should not post your pitch submission on Wattpad at this time.

MAY 1st - Top 10 Finalists Notified
Wattpad Studios and Mediacorp will select the top 10 pitches and notify the winning writers via email. Finalists will be asked to write their pitch as a short story on Wattpad.

Stories should be a minimum of 5,000 words and reflect the idea outlined in the shortlisted pitch.

Please tag your story #kincontest on Wattpad once posted.

MAY 18th - Final stories due on Wattpad
The top 10 must publish their stories publicly on their Wattpad profiles by 11:59PM SST for review by Wattpad Studios and Mediacorp. 

JUNE 12th - Winner(s) announced
Wattpad will notify the winning writers via email and announce the finals winners. 

~

For more information about the show KIN to help inspire your pitch/story, please go to the NEXT CHAPTER