Ch 7: Me And Him, Impossible

Turn the music on to feel the vibe :>
**

"Ah, yes," I nod to his statement. "Do make him grab her by the hand and stare at her intensely, will you? He'll mutter 'I love you. I love your smile. I love your mouth that opens wide like that of a fool.' Make sure to depict the way his eyes glimmer with lust."

"This.." the pedant sigh briefly before continuing. "Yes, Elder Miss."

Frankly, I don't pay him enough for this. This was probably not what he expected.

"What else would you like me to include in chapter fourty seven?"

"Insert a scene where he embraces her, informing her that 'I have never accepted anyone else's feelings and don't intend to anytime. I, Chen Lian Mo, will only have eyes for you," I snicker in joy.

"Is this after the misfortunate event?"

I nod and tap my chin, "It would only be fair to make it after the danger, so yes. Oh, oh! And have him stroke her cheeks and kiss her forehead during her sleep."

"This.. Elder Miss.. It is improper for men and women to touch each other prior to marriage. Propriety should be kept!"

"That," I announce to the pedant, "Sir, is where you are incorrect. Mencius has once said, 'He who would not so rescue the drowning woman is a wolf. To rescue her with the hand is a peculiar exigency, no?'"

"Such principle is true; however, how would drowning relate to the following scenario?" He ponders with curiosity, his eyes bulging in wonder.

"Of course it is relative! For she is drowning!" I utter in disbelief of his disposition, "She is drowning in love!"

The pedant complies, "If the Elder Miss says so, I concur."

"Sister!"

I detect where the sound come from. It's Xi Ning, who holds a plate of desserts in her hand. "I have made some guihuagao for mother. I thought I would bring you some as well." She lays the plate on the resting table a few feet away.

"That's very considerate of you, Ning'er."

How wonderful of the female lead. I didn't create her intangible traits for nothing.

"Look here, I am completing my second novel," I tell her as I pick a guihuagao from her plate and munch on it.

"Second? Have you already completed the first one?"

Oops! I forgot that I created my first novel in the present.

"Forgive me. I meant to say first novel," I blurt out nervously. Good lord!

"But sister, I have questioned why you decided to create your own novel. You despise the arts quite a while ago."

"Ah, you see, even you said 'quite a while ago.' I have recently taken a liking in writing. Through cultural diffusion, I have been inspired by the foreigner's special taste in books. Now! I will develop one of my own."

"Really?" She gasps in shock, "A foreigner's tale? Please tell Ning'er about it!"

I scratch my head, "Er..."

The male lead has a strange fetish, where he enjoys inflicting pain on others. The female lead falls for his disputable traits anyways. The relationship was preposterous to begin with!

I can't possibly tell her about the fact that I based it on a quite provocative and voluptuous book!

"You see," I try to create a purified version of the book. "It's about a man who has a strange habit of.." I force myself to think hard, "..loving women too much he may hurt them. He hides it from others but one day, when his significant other discovers it, he has no choice but to tell her. I-Instead of leaving him, she accepts him for his true self. In the end, he changes his habit for the best."

Xi Ning claps her hands in joy, "Such happy ending!"

She takes a seat around the resting table, "Have you had a purpose of centralizing the story around a young maiden and an imperial military soldier?"

"Mm.." I contemplate, "Not really. I just feel like it. Why?" I munch on another guihuagao. So tasty! I pour some tea into a porcelain cup and drink it.

"Could it be, you favor the son of the Brocade-Clad Commander, he who brought you home?" She chuckles, taking a glimpse at me for my response.

I spat out my tea, "No way! Me and him, impossible! He created a mess and made me deal with it. If anything, I would deem him as an enemy."

"He is so handsome and talented, would you not think so?"

I cough, "Of course he is, but his attitude isn't."