Chapter 27

~Maddie's POV~

I watched as the manager flicked a switch on Foxy and deactivated him.

"No please! Don't do this. Don't deactivate him."

"We didn't want to, sweetheart, but we had to. He's a threat to everybody. Plus, if he runs away again, there's no telling what he might do."

I cried and rode my bike home, not caring about my tiredness.

Why? Why did they deactivate him? He wasn't doing any harm.

As I rode back home, I held Foxy's sword in my hand. I grabbed it before the manager could notice.

One day, I'll return this to him.

I made it back home before my mom woke up. I ran into my room, locked the door, and cried my little heart out.

Why did they have to do that? He was my only real friend.

And, of course, the place was closing for a while to get remodeled, so I can't go for a while.

The one time I make a real friend, he gets taken away from me.

My mom must have heard my crying, since she knocked on the door.

"Maddie, are you okay?"

I decided to open the door and tell her everything. What's the point of keeping a secret when I can't use it?

I told her every little detail of Foxy. I could tell that she was scared and a little mad. The only thing I left out was Freddy trying to kill me twice. And my injured legs.

"Why would you go visit a dangerous robot everyday? He could have bitten your head off."

"Foxy's not like that. It was an accident that one day. He held me in his arms and said that he loves me."

"Look, I know that you think you love each other-"

"We do Mom."

"My point is, it's not the same as a relationship with a real person. Please, go and make real friends. And, if you do, I might just let you see Foxy again."

"Okay. Thanks Mom."

We hugged and she left.

I may not want real friends, but I guess I have to if I want to see Foxy.

Something just didn't feel right about my mom's promise, but I just can't figure out what...