The Trap

•New York City, Present Day•

Katherine was beyond annoyed spending so much time with Peyton, but she had to keep up her act as they continued looking at warehouses. She was just waiting for them to arrive at the third warehouse on their list for it was the one she had chosen the day before to carry out her plan. For the first two places, Katherine found some random reason as to why she did not like it, like the ceilings seemed way too low for what she was planing for her company.  All just to speed up the process, which it did, but for Katherine, it still felt like it took forever. While Peyton, she was also slowly getting annoyed with her client, thinking she was being way too picky for a warehouse.

Finally, they had arrived at the third warehouse, the one Katherine was looking forward to. The place where everything was going to go down in.

"Okay, a few things about this place before we go inside." Peyton announced after getting out of her car and slowly began walking towards the entrance with Katherine following behind her. "This one needs the most repairs, such as the all of the wiring needs to be redone including the electrical box, and if I remember correctly, all of the pumping needs to be redone as well."

Soon they were at the entrance of the building and Peyton pulled the keys to the warehouse out of her purse and processed to open the door. "According to the listing, this warehouse was once owned by a construction company that specialized in working with concrete and they mainly storage here all of their rebar along with other things." The two entered the building and were greeting by a very open room but there were few long pieces of rebar scatter across the floor and constructional equipment in the corner along with a forklift.

Peyton continued to walking into the open room while Katherine stayed behind her. "As you can see, the company went bankrupt and they were in a rush to get everything out, leaving a few things behind." With Peyton's back to Katherine, she took this opportunity to pick up one of the steel bars off the floor.

Peyton began to turn around to face Katherine. "So what do you-" Peyton didn't get to finish her sentence, for Katherine knocked her out with the steel bar.

Katherine dropped the steel rod, which caused a loud echo to go throughout the room, before walking over to the unconscious girl, towering over her. "I think it's perfect."

~

I was hanging out in my room watching something on the TV because I didn't have anything else to do or anyone to hang out with. Peyton was busy with work and her new client, Abby had to go to Philadelphia to deal with some issues going on there, and Lawerence decided to go down to Miami for a little vacation. It was only me and Fallon in the house, and she was having a lazy day as well.

I was watching a movie when I heard Fallon's phone go off but it wasn't long before she answered the phone. Of course, I didn't listen in the conversation but then I heard her open her door and she entered my room. I looked at her confused, for she had a facial expression that I had never seen before from her. It was a look similar to guilt, but I had no clue as to why.

She held out her phone to me, "It's for you." She said softly.

My confusion only grew as I rose up from my bed to grab the phone, "Okay... is everything okay?" I asked as I took the phone from her hands.

She crossed her arms across her chest as if she was holding herself, "Just answer it, please."

I slowly nodded before putting the phone up to my ear, with fear slowly growing inside of me. "Hello?" I asked into the phone.

"Juliana! How has long it's been since the last time I talked to you!" I suddenly shot out of my bed upon hearing her voice. I looked up at Fallon, for I knew she had no choice in doing any of this, it was written all over her face. It all made sense now, but how the hell did Katherine find me and how long had she been in New York for? "You clearly never learn, do you? I will always find you, sweetheart."