Chapter Twenty-Four: You're Grounded

Hunting with Dean was intimidating. I felt completely out of my element. This was the first time I had been in the field with him. Nerves were already running high but all I could worry about was not looking like an idiot in front of my dad. Stupid, right?

My breathing was shallow and I couldn't help but feel like a complete newb. Dean kept glancing over at me, which of course only made it worse. Finally, after a few minutes of pain staking silence he stopped.

"Are you having an asthma attack?" I shook my head in response, hell maybe I was. An anxiety induced asthma attack. God dammit Rachel, you don't have have asthma! Stop being a moron. My mental pep talk did nothing for me. It was at moments like this that I wanted to pound my head into a wall. Dean, being unable to read my mind, was staring at me, waiting for me to answer. I sighed.

"No, I'm fine. Just, well, lets blame it on nerves." Yeah, that was a reasonable answer. Dean raised an eyebrow but didn't push the topic any further.

We were about to turn a corner when the shrill aggravated voice that haunted my dreams echoed down the cement halls. Dean grabbed my arm and pushed me into the shadows, blocking my view with his form.

"Come out come out where ever you. Oh Princess? Your carriage await!" Dean's muscles tensing as Lily approached us. Her clicking footsteps bouncing around the in closed space. She was alone. Her flashlight casting random spot lights as she walked. I swore she could hear my heart thundering in my chest. The auburn waves of her hair came into view and Dean's form moved away from me. My hand instinctive reached to pull him back, but my fear kept me rooted in my place.

He raised the wrench above his head and brought it down with precision and force. Lily collapsed as the shrill crack echoed throughout the tunnels. Dean motioned for me to come out.

"Grab her arms." I will honestly admit that I was repulsed to touch the demon. A small part of me wanted her torture while she couldn't fight back, to do what she did to me, but now wasn't the time. It would never be the time.

Together, we dragged the unconscious meat suit to one of the small storage rooms that dotted the tunnels. He set her feet down and opened door. My eyes scanned our surroundings frantically, ready to run at a moments notice. Dean was rummaging around inside the closet looking for something, and was making a ton of noise in the process.

"What are you doing?" I hissed, Lily twitched slightly, making me nearly drop her upper body.

"Looking for paint."

"What the hell are we going to do with paint Dean? Have a paint war with the monsters trying to kill us?" Dean shot me a glance.

"No," He said lifting up a small can of white paint, "We are going to paint a devils trap so that she," Dean pointed towards Lily," Can't get out." I didn't say for a good while. With a small eye roll, we hauled Lily into the room and shut the door as quietly as possible. "And what's with the snark?" Dean asked after we had secured the door. I closed my eyes for a moment.

"I'm sorry, it's just that there is a lot of PT-SD with all of this...plus its my fault that we are in this mess." I shook my head, "No, I can't even blame it on that. I'm scared. Back in Montana, Lily called me. I don't know how but she did, and I think she is keeping a target out on Cassidy...then this!" I motion around me. But it was more than that.

"That isn't all of it, is it?" I looked up at my dad. I shook my head.

"No, not even close. I feel like I'm dieing Dean. I can feel the blood like acid under my skin and I am terrified to look in mirrors because I'm afraid that I'm not going to see my own reflection." Dean was silent, not quiet, silent.