Chapter 1

Hello anyone reading this! Welcome! I hope you all enjoy my first try at writing fanfiction!

Izuku Midoriya is a plain boy with green unruly hair, doe like green eyes and freckles that form a nebula over his nose and his cheeks. Born in Musutafu, Japan to Inko Midoriya and Hasashi Midoriya.

In Izuku's world, 80% of the population on earth has a Quirk, with these powers, people become Heroes that help those who cannot help themselves. These Quirks are an evolution of the human body, granting extraordinary power to those who have one. 20% of the population, however, don't have these powers, and are often discriminated against due to them lacking a quirk.

Izuku was thought to be unlucky, thought to be quirkless, a Deku, useless and unable to be what he dreamed of being:

A Hero.

He dreamed of being a Hero, being number one, the next Symbol of Peace. But his apparent quirklessness caused him to be cast aside like trash, thrown to the wolves and to fend for himself.

His own parents abandoned him, shortly after the nightmare hospital appointment, left him alone in the apartment once shared by the small family. They left him a single note, short and sweet, telling him that he was a disappointment to them and should be isolated like a disease.

He wanted so hard to be like his idol, All Might, Symbol of Peace and Number one hero. So, he smiled and carried on his life, aiming to be a hero, even though everyone put him down. At his tender age of 4, Izuku realised that men aren't created equally, far from it.

School was no better, abused and bullied by everyone, even his once best friend Bakugou Katsuki, or Kacchan as Izuku called him, bullied him, as in Bakugou's mind, he was superior to Izuku. This in turn meant that Izuku was below him and gave him the right to use his quirk on the 'Useless Deku' of the school.

Present day, Izuku is selectively mute, his once vibrant emerald eyes now clouded and dull, and his freckles stand out against his pale skin. Scars litter his body, gotten from beatings at school or his self-inflicted ones that scatter his arms and thighs. His worse visible scar covers the right side of his face. Given to him by Bakugou, it marks the end of his friendship with him, and the beginning of bullying and abuse that followed.

Stray tears run down Izuku's face, sobs rack over his body, but no one hears in his desolate apartment. The apartment itself is a mess, just like Izuku at this moment, as he feels the crushing force of loneliness and depression squeeze at him, mushing his insides together, and clogging his brain.

Now at the age of 8, he has been living alone of 4 years, lasting so long was a surprise to Izuku, but his loneliness never left, not once over the years. He can vividly remember the exact moment his life went to hell...

4-year-old Izuku sat in the office chair opposite the quirk specialist, with an x-ray of his feet to the doctor's right. His feet couldn't hold still, he was so excited to get a quirk so he could become a hero like All Might. Both his parents sat back, close to the door, both looking nervous but like Izuku, excited. The doctor let out a small sigh, like he was fed up, before his green goggles looked up glinting in the light hanging above him, and spoke two words that will shatter Izuku's life,