A Medic and a Talking Hat

Harry

Percy, Hermione and I followed McGonagall away from the chattering crowd and to her office.

The transfigurations teacher told the three of us to sit down as she settled herself behind her desk. "Professor Lupin sent an owl ahead to say that you two were taken ill on the train."

Before either of us could reply, the door opened and Madam Pomfrey walked in.

I blushed in embarrassment. It was bad enough that I passed out, they didn't need to make a big fuss.

"I think we're fine," I started, "really we-"

"It's you, of course it is," Madam Pompfrey said as she walked over to us. "I suppose you've been doing something dangerous again?"

Percy started laughing and I sent him a small glare begging him to shut up.

"It was a dementor Poppy," McGonagall explained.

Madam Pomfrey looked upset for a moment but said nothing. "And who are you?" She asked Percy abruptly.

"Percy Potter. Harry's twin" unexpected pride flooded me when he introduced himself as a Potter. I didn't realize how much that would mean to me until now.

"Great, there are two of you now," she muttered as she pushed back my hair to feel my forehead. "They won't be the last to collapse. Yes, he's clammy. Terrible things, they are, and the effect they have on people who are already delicate-"

"I'm not delicate!" I said crossly.

"Of course your not," she checked my pulse then moved on to Percy.

She did the same things to Percy, but didn't say anything while she worked.

"What do they need?" Asked Professor McGonagall. "Bed rest? Should they spend tonight in the hospital wing?"

"I'm fine!" I say as I jump up. I couldn't stand the thought of spending my first night back at Hogwarts in the hospital wing. Think of what Draco would say!

"This one is worse," she said motioning to Percy. "Both need Chocolate at the very least."

"Professor Lupin already gave us some," Percy told her.

"About time we had a Defense teacher who knows his remedies."

She reached over and touched Percy's forehead again but said nothing.

"Are you'd sure you boys feel alright?" McGonagall asked. We both nodded. "Very well then. Boys will you please wait outside while I talk to Ms Granger about her courses? Then when we are done we'll get Mr Potter sorted."

Percy and I both stood and followed Madam Pomfrey out of the office.

When she left I looked at Perce. "You sure your good?"

He laughed, "I mean I'm not good but I'll live. I'll feel better tomorrow."

I nod, "yeah. You know I had almost forgotten that you still had to be sorted. At least they aren't making you go up in front of everyone."

"That would be horrible," he said while laughing. "This 13 year old goes up with all the first years. How embarrassing!"

We talked for a few more minutes until the office door opened back up and someone walked down to the office holding the sorting hat.

McGonagall took the hat and we walked back into the office. I squeezed Percy's arm as he went to sit down.

"I'm going to place the hat on your head and it will decide which house to put you in" the Professor explained, and my brother just nodded.